3 Gun - Music City Tactical Shooters

Just got home a little after 9 pm. Bay 1 needs targets stapled and it is done. Bay 2 needs targets stapled and it is done. Bay 3 needs targets stapled and it is done. Bay 4 started on setup, after the tear down from the last match and could not finish in the dark. Bay 5 needs everything. Mowing in Bay 1, 2, and what little there was in 3 are completed.

Be sure and thank Robert for putting on a great match and being there with me today. If the setup was done on the day of the match, we would not get started until 10AM.

Remember, be safe, have fun! Hope to see you on the range tomorrow.

Good to see the new guys from Henry County 3 gun, Hopkinsville, KY and a few others. Good day on the range, rain held off. Really hot today on the Dickson range. Thank you for all the new safety officers that helped run things smoothly. Special thanks to Cory Cleckler and Dale Hash, MCTS member that showed up on the range and worked the entire day to help the club. He did not shoot the match and was a great help today.

Guest gw2and4

Great match today. Scores will be up soon. The numbers are entered into the spreadsheet. Just have to check them and make the reports, then update the website. I'll post here again when it's done.

• 4 weeks later...

http://mctsclub.com/officers.html

" By unanimous vote and by the membership present, on April 21st, 2012, Music City Tactical Shooters ownership was transferred over to Michael Bresson as sole proprietor to be completed within 30 days. On May 22, 2012, a new dawn has begun. We will have new equipment and different match formats in the near future. I will be happy to answer any questions and concerns at your earliest convenience. "

This sounds like some kind of back room deal to me.  I would have thought it would take a super majority vote from the entire membership to make such a change.  I can't imagine why they would give it away or why anyone would want it.  Way to much liability for a sole proprietorship...

One good thing should come of it though, TGO should be getting some Vendor advertising fees since it's no longer a non profit club....

• Like 1

This sounds like some kind of back room deal to me. I would have thought it would take a super majority vote from the entire membership to make such a change. I can't imagine why they would give it away or why anyone would want it. Way to much liability for a sole proprietorship...

One good thing should come of it though, TGO should be getting some Vendor advertising fees since it's no longer a non profit club....

One should read the bylaws that were in place at the time of the vote before implying that something improper transpired, it was all above board and proper.

• 2 weeks later...

One should read the bylaws that were in place at the time of the vote before implying that something improper transpired, it was all above board and proper.

Good idea, feel free to post the Original bylaws of the club I would like to read them.

Mr. Cunningham,

I have no idea why this needs explaining to you. You are not a member of this non-profit organization but feel you deserve more concessions. You have not been a member of the club within the last 5 years(since I have been a member). You may have never been a member of the club. The club by laws were followed on the club ownership from a group to a sole proprietorship, where club executive committee and club lawyer were present. The reason for this change was frankly non of your business. The old by laws are present on our website and will be rewritten soon for the change, when our new fiscal year begins on September 1st.

You are more than welcome to ask me in person on any concern you may have that pretains to you shooting a match as a guest. I have the final say so on all club matters, assets, liabilities, shooting schedule, and who is allowed to shoot the matches.

Mr. Bresson,

I really don't have a problem with you taking over MCTS and running it a Sole Proprietorship. I hope you can provide a quality product and service and make lots of money at your new adventure. Just don't expect us to believe your doing out of the goodness of your heart as a Non-Profit Organization. I know you like to change the rules as you go along but "The Tennessee Non-Profit Corporation Act requires a nonprofit corporation to have at least three directors, one president, and one secretary. The same person cannot be both the president and secretary. Officers and directors must be natural persons."

http://www.iptlawfirm.com/CM/Custom/Nonprofit-Church-Law-FAQ.asp

IBLT

I have done everything I can for the range out of the goodness of my heart as well as others in the past. I love the shooting sports and will continue to do what is best for the club. Thank you for the information but I refer all legal matters to the club lawyer. If that someway offends you, you may contact the club lawyer: Corbett and Crockett attorneys. I am sure that they will discuss what is written thus far and see if other legal matters like slander/libel has been involved. I am glad you are taking a pro-active approach in other people's concerns. I do not care what you believe about the business dealings of a this organization as a non-member, thus entitled to no explanation. Non-profit is how I asked the club lawyers to keep it. If you do not like the way something is ran, don't go to it and find somewhere else to go for your shooting needs. The business nor the drama will not be missed! You are more than welcomed to build your own thing and spend your dollars how ever you wish. There is no reason to discuss any more matters with you. Our problem existed because you did not wish to follow directions from a club representative about something you did as a non-member and was not entitled to. Then you were approached by two Executive Committee members and still did not think the range rules pretained to you and stated "what are you going to do, give me a ticket".

From this point onward, you will not be welcomed at the range for any reason. This is too much drama to deal with and I no longer have to have this headache present.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Hog, you don't need this CRAP from somebody that doesn't have the BALLS to spend their money and go and get their own piece of the pie, ie start their own club. The above mentioned "TROLL" would rather attempt to create turmoil for you and your club. MCFooter you seem to be overly jealous of the fact that Hog has went after what he wanted and made it happen, when you open up your club please by all means let us know so we can all come by and then ask to see you private files.

Guest wickedwanda

Hog, you don't need this CRAP from somebody that doesn't have the BALLS to spend their money and go and get their own piece of the pie, ie start their own club. The above mentioned "TROLL" would rather attempt to create turmoil for you and your club. MCFooter you seem to be overly jealous of the fact that Hog has went after what he wanted and made it happen, when you open up your club please by all means let us know so we can all come by and then ask to see you private files.

MCTS was previously located in Millersville back in 1999.Robert Standly, Jim Harp and Chip were there working it then. I started shooting there for the first time. It then moved to a small place in the Joelton area also run by Robert Standly. Then it moved to Adairville and again run by Robert Standly. Then it moved to Dickson county and was run by Robert Standly and Jim Harp. The only original shooters left are Robert Standly and Chip Pierce. This club was started a long long time ago. I have shot with them at each place. I cut my shooting teeth with them. What I am saying is that this club was handed down to Hognut. He did not start it. Not trying to make a big deal, just stateing the facts mame.

The club has had many homes over the years. The club was originally formed officially in October 2001 according to club charter on file with the Secretary of the State. I did not start the club is a correct statement. Robert has been a long time member with the club in the past and the future. He is a valuable member of the shooting community and the area clubs as well as Chip. He and Chip did vote in favor of the change. I have worked for the range over 5 years week in and week out. It is a lot to do and i believe a lot of people do not realize that a club going from an average of 11 people at a match to 50-60 plus at a match is hard work thus needing dedicated people working them for setup, tear down, match designs, promotions with new shooters, etc. For the last 4 years, I honestly do not believe ANYONE worked harder for the club on or off the range. I missed many matches in the past cleaning up the range taking a 4 shooting bay facility to a 7 shooting bay facility while others shot matches. It was not handed to me, I earned it with my sweat.

No big deal taken, you are stating the facts. Another fact, you cost me a few grand because my daughter seen you Zombie rifle. She wants one now and I cannot say no.

Edited by HOGNUT