Stag LWI Quad Pod?

JohnC

So I'm looking for a Rail for my Colt 6920 LE. I also would like a bipod that doesn't add a ton of weight and stick out all bulky.

So I came across the Stag Arms LWI Quad Pod: http://www.stagarms....products_id=342

podquad%20web.JPG

Do any of you use this and have any feedback? Likes and Dislikes? Is there a similar but better and cheaper unit available elsewhere, or just a place that has a better price on this than Stag list price of $295?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by JohnC
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HCRoadie

$295 for a quality rail AND bi-pod is not bad at all. One thing I see is that the rail does not free float the barrel. Which is one of the advantages of getting a fore-arm-rail. It is hard to tell how stout the rig actually is from the ad, but your needs may be met with what this product has to offer.

Well, I ended up going with a:

(1) Troy AR-15 BattleRail MRF-C 7" Free Float Carbine Rail Aluminum Black https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2TRYMRFCBK-1.html

(1) Mako T-Pod Gen 2 Tactical Vertical Foregrip with Integrated Adjustable Bipod Polymer Black https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/31922867-1.html

(3) Magpul Industries XT Rail Rail Cover Panel OD M16 AR15 (screwed up and ordered green by mistake heh) https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2MPIMAG012ODG-1.html

And then.....

(34) Magpul PMAG 30 Polymer 30 Round AR-15 Magazine 5.56 NATO, Black

(1) 5.56x45mm Lake City M855 FMJ 62 Grain Steel Penatrator 1000 Loose Bulk Case 3025 fps https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM223C-5.html

I got 34 mags so I could have all 1,000 rounds already loaded up in magazines. I hate having to stop and reload a couple magazines when at the range! :-)

Good start? :-D

Guest HCRoadie

John C, I think those are better choices. What about a bi-pod? The Harris's that I use are great,but they do cost a premium.

Edited by HCRoadie

John C, I think those are better choices. What about a bi-pod? The Harris's that I use are great,but they do cost a premium.

HCRoadie, I am thinking of getting a pod for my M&P15,the one I looking at is Harris 9-13 with the 1 inch noched adjustments,and it will swivel, what do you have yours mounted on and how it working for you?

Guest HCRoadie

HCRoadie, I am thinking of getting a pod for my M&P15,the one I looking at is Harris 9-13 with the 1 inch noched adjustments,and it will swivel, what do you have yours mounted on and how it working for you?

I have swivel one on a Remmington 700 and a NON-swivel one on an AR. The swivel one makes the gun always feel like it is canted. The notches are great. The friction screw leg adjusters offer a lot more variation, but is awkward to adjust, or at least I make it look very awkward. But the Harris pods are VERY durable pieces of gear. Get the notched leg non swivel, unless you are using it in the field a lot, then the swivel might be useful to you. I shot stationary on a bench or prone at known distances.

I have swivel one on a Remmington 700 and a NON-swivel one on an AR. The swivel one makes the gun always feel like it is canted. The notches are great. The friction screw leg adjusters offer a lot more variation, but is awkward to adjust, or at least I make it look very awkward. But the Harris pods are VERY durable pieces of gear. Get the notched leg non swivel, unless you are using it in the field a lot, then the swivel might be useful to you. I shot stationary on a bench or prone at known distances.

Thanks for the information for will be shooting mainly from a table top bench, do you feel that the 9-13 inch is the correct height for setting at a bench