Reality Check: Liberty Movement Taking Over GOP

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Guest 6.8 AR

I can't view your video, but if it is truly a liberty

movement and not a RP ad, I'm all for it. I will

look at it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, I'm all for a new republican party and I think it's slowing happening due to the Tea Party, not Ron Paul.

Sure, some of his ideas are good ones and supporter by the TP but If all of his ideas were really as welcomed as they want you to believe then he should have done better on the primaries.

Like the guy said, 2014 and 2016 is where we should really see signs of a movement. By then maybe Ron will give the reins to Rand.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

This is just a continuation of the Ron Paul delegate war. I don't see anything new here.

The Tea Party will redefine the liberty renewal for the Republican Party, by ousting the GOP portion,

and not by RP's continual battle over delegates. Paul will not get enough delegates to beat Romney,

one way or another.

Which came first, the tea party or RP? Does it really matter? The point is the liberty movement is gaining traction and the establishment repubs. are screaming. I personally think if it hadn't been for RP and his continual and consistent message the liberty movement would not be where it is today and the tea party would not be as strong.

Some have mentioned you can't change the president alone and expect real change and that there's not enough local races being persured by liberty candidates. The liberty movement is not just a top down exercise. Well, all levels are being challenged. Maybe not in every race, but in more and more. Right here in our own state, just as is the case across the nation, libery minded candidates are challenging republican incumbants----- and winning in the primaries! The R establishment hates to loose this way. They would absolutely prefer being beaten by a dem. than a liberty minded republican.

Ring out the libery message from every level. Presidential race to state house and even county gov't. We're here and we ain't leaving til the old R party has dried up and blown away.

Rand Paul 2016

"Ring out the libery message from every level. Presidential race to state house and even county gov't. We're here and we ain't leaving til the old R party has dried up and blown away."

We will never remove the Republican Party from exsistance. This most logical path is to change within. That is what the Tea Party is about and the sooner pro-life libertarians accept that, the sooner WE both will able to meet at least some of our goals. Until then your votes for 3rd party type candidates will continue to defeat those goals.

I do not advocate a third party. The US system of elections is not set up for third party candidates. We would have to develop somthing more along the lines of the French for anything other than a two party system to work.

The RP folks know this and I know this and realize our best hope is to change the party from within. This was Campaign for Liberty's tatic beginning just after the 2008 presidential debacle. The establishement repbs. are scrambling to hang on. They've have even gone through many of the state and county party bylaws changing them to try and keep tea party and RP folks out. They re-write the rules if necessary to remain in power.

the only way to take this country back is to flush out the existing Republican party leadership and replace it with leadership and candidates that believe in the constution and will up hold it. The big question is: Is the country ready for it? Have we been in the wilderness long enough to make this happen, or do we need another 4 years of the medicine Big O is handing out before we're ready for the only real cure, which is liberty?

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

The Tea Party is a group of us like minded folks who don't care for the way our country has been going for decades. The name is the only thing new about the kind of people who inhabit the Tea Party side of things. We are very much disenfranchised to the Rockeffeler wing of the Republican Party and wish to change it from within. Ron Paul has and has not been showing an attitude for that. His son has and got substantial support in Kentucky, like several others around the country. Maybe Ron Paul is seeing things like his son has embraced. I hope so. Until I hear him come out in support for the Tea Party movement, I will have to be skeptical because I am also one of those who see America slamming up against a wall. Right now, we need to get rid of the current occupier of the White House and I have yet to see Ron Paul do much except stand in the way. If he was a true supporter of liberty, like some of you suggest, he would have pushed this movement a long time ago. Instead his voting record and his pork precede him on certain pieces of legislation, like many other politicians. I intend on keeping my vote with Romney, unless a miracle happens. His foreign policy, oh Hell, what's the point?

We certainly do need to excise the Rockefeller wing of the Republican Party from the leadership position. Paul can't do that by himself. That's going to require some very heavy lifting that I'm all for, but the battle right now is to get one man out and another in, plus a majority Republican senate. He could do more for that cause, if he only would.

Edited by 6.8 AR
Guest 6.8 AR

It's no wonder the Democrats win elections. They blindly move wherever they are told. Republicans like to make nice and reach across

the aisle, and some just don't want to play unless it's them in charge of everything. Get real!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/uncommitted-gives-obama-run-kentucky_645774.html

Liberty comes in many forms :)

'Uncommitted' is keeping it closer than expected in the Kentucky Democratic presidential primary. With 104 of 120 counties counted, President Barack Obama leads 'Uncommitted' by only 20 percentage points. The tally so far: Obama with 105,487 votes (or 60.04 percent of the vote), while 'Uncommitted' claims 70,211 votes (or 39.96 percent).

Why is anyone putting any credence in what some guy from a Fox affiliate has to say about anything?

Moreover, this has already been posted once before by the same OP hasn't it?

This guy just sounds like another RP Robot posing as a reporter.

Edited by RobertNashville