Knife Sharpening Services - M'Boro

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ab28

I do my own with a file and diamond rod. You really don't need a huge kit to sharpen knives. I can get a razor edge on all my blades with a $15 diamond rod. Knife sharpening, like most other things, is more about skill than gear. Learn to do it yourself, and save a lot of money and time.

Guest ab28

I am a horrible knife sharpener. I would like to find someone around Hendersonville.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk 2

Teach yourself, it's what I did. Knife sharpening is actually pretty easy, it just takes practice. I can put a razor edge on my knife in a couple of minutes, if that. Stuff is stuff, don't be afraid to mess up a knife learning how. The knowledge is invaluable. I have lost count of the gear I have hacked into, cut up, sewed, and otherwise modified to fit my needs. Learn to sew as well, you will save hundreds of dollars.

I can sharpen a knife just fine. I just dont want to spend the time rebeveling a fat ass kabar. It would easily take an hour and i dont want to do it. Rather take it somewhere with a belt sander.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk 2

Guest ab28

I can sharpen a knife just fine. I just dont want to spend the time rebeveling a fat ass kabar. It would easily take an hour and i dont want to do it. Rather take it somewhere with a belt sander.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk 2

Good point. I personally found that my time is more valuable than anything else, hence why I don't own much. I can put everything I own besides this computer in a 7.5 gallon storage container, and my hiking pack. If something requires too much maintenance, I get rid of it. That is why I'll probably never own a home or a new car. I prefer scrapyard beaters that I buy cheap and run into the ground. Insurance on my car is 200 a year, and I paid $1300 for it 6 years ago, it has never broken down. I can't see paying 30K for a car that would do the exact same thing.

Sorry to run off on a tangent, haven't had coffee yet.

Edited by ab28