PSL/Dragunov trigger mod....G2?

Guest 70below

Guest 70below

I just ordered a Romanian PSL a few days ago, and since its just an oversized AK, I was hoping the FCG parts were basically the same. Will a Tapco G2 trigger fit a PSL? I really like the feel of the Tapco G2 in my MAK-90 so I was hoping to have the same trigger on the PSL. If not, does anyone make a good trigger for the PSL? Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered a Romanian PSL a few days ago, and since its just an oversized AK, I was hoping the FCG parts were basically the same. Will a Tapco G2 trigger fit a PSL? I really like the feel of the Tapco G2 in my MAK-90 so I was hoping to have the same trigger on the PSL. If not, does anyone make a good trigger for the PSL? Thanks!

The Tapco G2 will fit in the PSL with slight modifications. You have to grind the back of the disconnector slightly to allow the safety to clear it. The Red Star Arms trigger is vastly superior to the G2 in this instance however. The Red Star is adjustable and a better choice if you are looking to achieve maximum accuracy potential of the rifle.

Guest 70below

I like what I see from the Red Star, but I have a G2 in my MAK90 that I really like the feel of, and would like to make the triggers feel about the same. I think I'd prefer that as to simply having a match feel trigger. As cheap as the G2 is, I may give it a try in my PSL, if I don't like it I can still get the Red Star. For that matter, I can try the G2 from my MAK90 in it, and just swap it back if I don't like how it shoots. Thanks!

Guest 70below

I got my PSL in the other day and took it to the range yesterday. It shot like a champ right out of the box. Better than I expected out of it. The trigger was definitely an issue though.....very long, and kinda gritty. When I took my time and tried a little I was shooting 2 1/2" groups with iron sights at 100yds with Bulgarian surplus. I'll take that all day long given those circumstances! I sent back my scope because of some problems with it. I didn't even have to touch the sights out of the box and they were dead on at 100. I definitely like the feel of my G2 trigger better than the stock trigger. Is there any reason why a double hook trigger could be used?? It has a single hook and I didn't see any possible obstructions if a double hook was used, with the exception of the previously mentioned clearance required for the safety bar. Thanks!

As long as the receiver has the indentations around the trigger hole to allow for a double hook trigger it will work. Double hook triggers almost never experience the trigger slap that sometimes occurs with single hook triggers. The double hook trigger is a AK-47 trigger. Kalashnikov designed the AK-47 trigger with two hooks so in case one hook broke the rifle would still fire. In 1959 when the Russians updated the AK-47 to the AKM(Automatic Kalashnikov Modernized) they noted that a hook never broke on the trigger of AK-47 rifles so to make the trigger easier to manufacture they went to single hook triggers. Every model of AK rifle made since the AKM was adopted in 1959 has a single hook trigger. All that said, the G2 single hook trigger usually does not have any trigger slap issues. Regardless of which trigger you use I would polish all surfaces before I installed it to insure smooth function and feel.