Gulf Shores, Alabama

The wife & I go twice a year at least. Last count was 12 times. Needless to say, we love it.

We just got back Saturday from the Spring trip. Don't go back until the fall, so I thought if I can't be there, I can talk about it with others who've been or provide some advice to those who might be going for the first time.

So.......how 'bout it ? Any other GS'ers out there ?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the Interstate Mullet Toss at the Flora-Bama bar on the state line.

For the uninitiated, it's a contest (and excuse for a party) where revelers literally throw dead mullet (fish) across the state line from Florida into Alabama. Prizes awarded in divisions for longest toss.

Guest Revelator
Yeah the Interstate Mullet Toss at the Flora-Bama bar on the state line.

For the uninitiated, it's a contest (and excuse for a party) where revelers literally throw dead mullet (fish) across the state line from Florida into Alabama. Prizes awarded in divisions for longest toss.

Never been, just heard about it. Heard some guy who bears an uncanny resemblance to Woody Harelson used to win it all the time. I have been to Destin (who hasn't) and Biloxi, MS. Blackjack at the Hard Rock, it was sweet. They were dealing like five decks deep.

Guest ColdEspresso

Absolutely!!!! Gulf Shores is a favorite place for us to pull the Airstream and enjoy a campout, eat crab and royal red shrimp. Can anyone suggest any good shooting spots?

Flora Bama. I am actually drinking a beer in a Flora Bama can coozie right now, that place is the best bar on the face of the earth

I have imbibed a few there myself. Always heard you drink in Florida, then have to go back to the Alabama side of the line to pee.

But I think somebody was pullin' my leg :biglol:

We go there almost every year. Never could find any place to shoot. Love to eat at King Neptunes, Sunplace Else and the Crab Shack.

Once when checking in at Brett-Robinson, I accidentially showed the clerk my carry permit instead of my DL for ID. He was very cool about it and just reminded me not to leave my weapon behind after checking out.

Guest db99wj

Been there, used Brett Robinson as well, several times, also have been to Destin many times. Was there (Destin) last summer. Destin is too crowded.

Saw a hammerhead shark early one morning, another shark made us all get out of the water.

Love that place. Destin, or at Orange Beach at Gulf Shores....can't wait to go back.