Request for my Memphis area TGO'ers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SkinnyKTN

I sent this yesterday. No reply yet

Hi, I'm writing this email to ask that the recent posting of a gun busters sign be removed. I have been going to Malco in the Memphis area for about 30yrs. I have enjoyed being able to attend movies at your business, but with the recent posting I will be forced to stop attending and/or doing business with Malco. Not only does the recent shooting in Colorado give me pause to go unarmed, but 6 yrs ago a man attempted to put a gun to my head and rob me. Before this incident I would occasionally leave my gun in the car when a business didn't allow it, but since the robbery attempt I just simply cant bring myself to take the risk. Especially in a theater after the Colorado shooting. I would also like to ask that you take a look at statistics involving armed citizens. More robberies and violent crimes are prevented by armed citizens than police every year. Armed citizens are not misguided individuals who wish to take the law into their own hands. They are law abiding citizens who go through training to ensure they are capable of proper firearm handling and aware of the law and when you should and should not use your firearm. I appreciate your time and hope to do business with Malco again. Thank you, Ken.

Somebody on AR15.com said they got a phonecall and a half hour conversation. I think his name was crawlin95 or something like that. So they are considering our opinions since they took the time to call somebody. Hopefully they will allow us to carry again. I know that at the particular Malco I goto, the security guard they have posted there doesn't strike me as somebody that could stop an active shooter or even stop any crime for the matter (he's old and overweight. Not to say looks cant be deceiving, but he doesn't strike fear into the hearts of criminals).

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on this? Went to the Stage Rd Malco today with my daughter and the defense free zone signs were still up.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Nope. It looks like they have their mind made up. Hopefully it won't take another tragedy happening to get them to change there minds. I am missing out on a lot of good movies but I am standing firm and not giving them my business until they do.

Another tragedy won't make them change their mind. It will just solidify their current stance. I appreciate your firm stance. I go see a movie about once every 2-3 years. It's not an issue for me, but I wish they had common sense for fellow HCP people like you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I am lucky in that most places I frequent are HCP friendly. I am not the type to say I WILL NOT go anywhere that I can't carry but I try my best not to if it is an optional thing like a restaurant or movie.

What's that saying? "Common sense isn't too common" or something like that.

Guest uofmeet

Here is what i got.

"

Thank you for taking the time to comment about our no gun policy. After numerous discussions with the federal department of homeland security as well as law enforcement agencies, it was suggested by all that we post a no gun policy.

All other major theatre chains in the country have adopted a similar policy.

As always, we review our operating policies from time to time and make adjustments as needed.

Thanks again for your comments.

Sincerely,

Alan Denton

Alan Denton

Vice President

Corporate Communications"

I don't find it hard to believe that the fed's would recommend that but would local LE really recommend that??? I have ran into LEO's that thought they should be the only one's carrying guns but I don't think that the majority do. Maybe I'm wrong.

Also it seems like you got the most detailed response of all. Maybe email him back and see if you can start a conversation with him about there reasoning. I know you already pretty much covered the bases in your first email but who knows.

Edited by maroonandwhite