AK Fail to Feed

Guest GMCS(SW)

Guest GMCS(SW)

I know I'm going to get flack from you "Black Rifle" guys, but here goes anyway. Bought a AKM-47 SAR-3 5.56 x 45 at the gun show last month. Finally got a chance to try it out today and I'm getting FTF problems. I think it is a mag problem but not sure. The bolt is not picking up the rounds but is going over the top of them. I have ordered new mags and am waiting for them to come in. Unforturnatly I don't have enough posts yet to put in a pic. Any ideas?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gcrookston

It can be about 2 things. The easiest fix is the mag. The hardest fix is the mag well (but not that big a deal). much of time they inlet these from single to double stack and they don't recess the upper lips enough. Try different mags first (preferrably military), if that doesn't solve the problem, any reasonablely adept gunsmith can correct the problem.

After buying one of these with a similiar problem, then swapping it for a WASR with even a worse problem of the same nature (Armory actually shipped it with a shaved mag so it would function), I said some nasty things, bit my lip and bought and Arsenal. All I can say is I paid twice as much, but I've had no problems.

Edited by gcrookston

I bet they are US made mags especially being 5.56.....Figures, Commie guns don't like capitalist pig ammo.:mad:

I also own an Arsenal SLR107CR and they are great but my $350 dollar Mak-90 conversion is just as accurate,reliable and actually shoots better. Now the milled Arsenals are a different story:love:

Edited by Urse
Guest EasilyObsessed

xWhatever on the magazine.

Bulgarian waffles are normally considered to be at the top of the stack, but they do come at a cost premium.