Glass Bedding

Guest gcrookston

Guest gcrookston

Looking through some old pic's today... here's what a 16 pound m1a1 looks like after it's been bedded... There's about 2# of glass in this gunstock. I had this rifle built patterned after the m21's I'd seen in the Armory at Littlecreek. The guy that built if for me had been an armorer for the Navy from the late 1950's to the early 1990's. Had built their match rifles, sniper rifles and fixed their broken guns.

dsc00043lc0.jpg

Shot with CYBERSHOT at 2007-09-22

dsc00047rk8.jpg

Shot with CYBERSHOT at 2007-09-22

It's the only gun I've ever had "purpose built". a project that lasted almost a year. Starting with a shot-out, tired match rifle. By the time I was done with it only two original parts from the original rifle remained. The receiver. The rear sling swivel. All GI parts, save for the Kreiger barrel and receiver. It has a 2.5# 2 stage trigger that breaks like glass. The gun was completed in 1999 and has been unbedded twice (every thousand rounds).

dsc00111uh6.jpg

dsc00133sv2.jpg

Shot with CYBERSHOT at 2006-07-24

Shot with DSC-N1 at 2007-09-22

When I replaced the A.R.M.S. #22 rings with Leupold MkIV, I had to remove the NM rear sight to get the bell of the scope to clear. The above target is the sight-in target when I swapped the rings. those are 3/3 shot groups from a cold bore. Center mass, upper left confirmation with 4 clicks left, 4 more clicks left. 100 yrds

Edited by gcrookston
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.