Hero Gear does me again...

Guest gcrookston

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no AR fan, but that's a really nice rifle.

Wish the additional image was more 'child friendly', though.

Congrats on your new purchase - I'm going to drag my Mom into Hero Gear when I'm over that way in a few weeks and I might end up walking out with a new toy myself!

Cheers,

I'm no AR fan, but that's a really nice rifle.

Wish the additional image was more 'child friendly', though.

Congrats on your new purchase - I'm going to drag my Mom into Hero Gear when I'm over that way in a few weeks and I might end up walking out with a new toy myself!

Cheers,

Your mom is gonna buy it for you?

BTW....Nice evil rifle.

Guest gcrookston
That's the ugliest damn bipod I've ever seen.

:D

that's my cleaning stand, you goof :rolleyes::rofl::rofl:. I only use Harris... and not for a spud digger like this.:P:p:p

The Rifle is a CMMG,Inc. I never heard of them (but then, you get me out beyond an SP1, and I don't know enough to fill a thimble with my own dung). Apparently well respected for their barrels, according to Dan @ Hero Gear. New line for Hero Gear. Check these rifles out. They are in the $900 range. It beats anything I've seen, and I've been all over the place in the last 6 months deciding if I needed an M4 and have fingered over a dozen mfg's offerings.

Fit and finish is fantastic. Thought I would give it a try. Although I've owned quite a few AR's over the years, I'm not much of an AR guy either (mostly barter pieces). After 1970, the only thing I've been nice about is the AR15M4(t) Armalite, a rudely ugly 0.50MOA rifle.

I'm going to visit my son next month @ Ft. Lewis for a week and we expect to get some father and son bonding time at the range. He asked me to bring some of "those old guns you have" like the HK91, 93, the M21... Thought I would surprise him with this.

I bought the EOTech for my Sig 556, along with an EOTech 3x Magnifier.

My son was originally issued an ACOG on his first tour in 2004, but got an EOTech about half way through. On his second tour, he was issued another ACOG and was not pleased. He wanted another EOTech.

R1100, that's a EOTech 553. I also picked up (not shown), an EOTech 3x FTS (I'll need to remove the rear site to get it on the rail, was going to wait until I had the main unit sited in.

This rifle fills a gap until Hero Gear Ramps up their own receivers. They received their mfg lisc. last week. I may not be first in line, but if Dan or Joe is watching this thread.... I'm in line and I know exactly what I want.

Mike.jpg

dsc00165rw3.jpg

Edited by gcrookston
Guest gcrookston
Haha, I wish - I'm just using her as an excuse to check out Joe's place...

Careful, last time I was in there with my bride, she's "oh, go ahead, buy it honey-lovey, munchkin" so I did, and the next thing I know, I'm buying a woman's TAG watch of equal or greater value to that gun she goaded me into...

You're Mom's gonna want a new condo by the time you are done in there.

Guest Verbal Kint
that's my cleaning stand, you goof :rolleyes::rofl::rofl:. I only use Harris... and not for a spud digger like this.:D:p:p

My bad... figured it was the industrial model bipod, for your old shakey hands. :P

Really does look good though.

Edited by Verbal Kint
You're Mom's gonna want a new condo by the time you are done in there.

Haha, nah, she and my dad just moved into their retirement home they built on some acreage on top of a nearby mountain - gorgeous property and view, no need for a condo.

It's been a long, difficult battle to convince her to do this, but I think she'll be getting her THP and a new pistol very soon...

Guest gcrookston

I would recommend Hero Gear for all your evil black rifle needs and desires. Good people, Great Prices.

Obama wants to see stricter regulations on gun transfers (obviously for yous rural folks that use our tax spincter check for more guns and bibles), and McCain is the great pacifier and will sell his position for any majority rule. Either way we are screwed... Not saying it's time to stock up on shotgun shells and cangoods, but at least I had someone worth voting for when I voted in my first election (Reagan). Here I am Hijacking my own thread...

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

a big A+ for joe and dan at hero-gear.:rolleyes:

i had a couple of very pleasant transactions there just a couple of months ago.

great selection, decent prices, and friendly service.:biglol:

i'm saving my 'lunch money' for another deal real soon.

regards,

bob