.303 savage

Guest NormShaver

Guest NormShaver

Anyone know where you can find this under 75 dollars a box? Does anyone have any reloads or know someone that would sell some reloads? I have a model 99 that hasn't been shoot in years because i only have a few rounds left any help would be appreciated thank you.

Norm

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tokarev

Have you thought of getting into reloading yourself? I know that it might seem like a big deal, but it's not really. It's a fun hobby and with the price of ammo going up as much as it already has, a lot cheaper. Oh, you still spend the same amount. You just get more bangs for your bucks.

Guest NormShaver

i had a few years back a buddy of mine was really into reloading he has since moved. i will have to look into it, i am sure there are tons of website's out there, but do does anyone know around Knoxville that you can put your hands on some reloading equipment?

Guest tokarev

Too bad your so far away. I haven't been to Lenoir in about 20 years.

Reloading equipment to get started can be as cheap or expensive as a person wants. I think Lee is the cheapest so far if all you want is a single stage press. (I have a RCBS single that I got second hand for only 40 bucks and I load everything on it)

Once you get the basics, the rest you can buy only as you need it. I wanted to get some 30-06 ammo for my M1 Garand. I found that I can buy dies, primers, powder, brass and bullets locally for about the same price as I can order the same number of rounds of old (corrosive?) surplus off of the internet. The second loading will be even cheaper as I'll be reusing the brass.

All it takes is a bit of your time and I'd rather reload than watch the idiot box. In fact, after logging off of this forum, I'll be loading some .44 mag for the Mid-Tenn get together tomorrow.