Haunted AK mags

Guest Loki

I have 6 Bulgarian 30 rnd mags. 3 feed and fire fine, 3 will not even feed the first round without jamming. I've inspected these mags untill my eyes are bleeding. Visually, there's no difference between the 6 mags. They all look exactly the same, they all have the same spring tension, and I've taken all three of the non-working mags apart to check for grease or dirt. These three mags just WILL NOT work. All 6 fit into the magwell the same.

The lips on all the mags appear visually to be the same .

I've also switched the spring and follower from one of the working mags into one of the retarded ones, and it still jammed, so it's not the springs or followers.

What's up? Any ideas?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sling

But have you greased them with motor oil yet?

Diesel fuel works as a substitute.

Just a little AK humor for ya... not sure what to tell you. Are you putting these through a Saiga or a AK?

Putting them through the AK. The Saiga only get US mags, ya know!;)

My AK has taken every mag I've put in it (with the exeption of one crappy pro-mag) untill these.

Two of the mags jam on the first round, every single time, and on the third POS, the bolt won't even pick up the round!

Visually, they're all exactly the same, and I've even swapped internals, with no luck. And no, there's no motor oil of diesel fuel in there!:)

Guest bkelm18

Well the problem is obviously with the metal case of the mags. You might not see a difference but I bet there is one. I suggest taking the dust cover off the AK and kind of do a "slow mo" type deal. Put in a loaded good mag and look how it feeds. Then compare it to one of the bad ones.

I had some that the follower was sticking in the body. I bent out the sides from inside the Mag body and they ran fine. I also used some Emery cloth to polish

the follower. These mags have a lot of rough edges.

Well the problem is obviously with the metal case of the mags. You might not see a difference but I bet there is one. I suggest taking the dust cover off the AK and kind of do a "slow mo" type deal. Put in a loaded good mag and look how it feeds. Then compare it to one of the bad ones.

As simple as that is...

I haven't even tried that yet. Stupid me. I'll give that a try. If the rounds ARE getting hung up on the lips of the mags, what do you suggest? Bending them some? Strip the mags and throw the cases out?

how many rounds are you loading in them? does it jam up, no matter the round count?

examine the end of the springs and see if they're different.

put the haunted mags into the rifle, with rounds, slow cycle a round into the rifle and watch what it's doing...

that's about all I can tell ya.

Edited by towerclimber37
Guest bkelm18
then again. he could ask sermon8r to perform an excorcism on them.. :Dthose mags simple and tough...perhaps the springs are weak?I'm just guessing though...

Nah, he said he swapped the internals and it still jammed.

Guest grimel
Two of the mags jam on the first round, every single time, and on the third POS, the bolt won't even pick up the round!

Visually, they're all exactly the same, and I've even swapped internals, with no luck. And no, there's no motor oil of diesel fuel in there!:D

Check for burrs on the lips and a small dent near the lips/top of the mag. There isn't much that can go wrong with a non-US AK mag.