New Sig P250 issues

Guest mc30707

Guest mc30707

I recently purchased a new P250 9mm. I like the feel of the gun, but I guess I have to get used to the DAO trigger. I keep shooting high and to the right. I never had that problem with the P226 I used to have and never a problem with my XD service. I know its me, but what can I do to fix my problem. I like the weight and feel of the P250 and I like the DAO trigger for concealed carry, but I'd like to hit in the general area of what I aim at. thanks Mike

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

if you're usually shooting a da/sa/ triger, a dao is not easy to get used to at all.

it's like shooting a bunch of first shots with the da/sa.

practice, practice, practice!

if you can't hack it , sell it to me cheap. i've been thinking about one. :mad:

best of luck with it,

bob

Guest mc30707

It does have a fairly stout recoil for a 9mm. Yeah, I'm gonna have to practice a lot more with it. Thats a good thing though.

Guest mc30707

I went shooting after work today. It appears that my front sight is off to the left a little bit. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to move it to the right a little, without scratching it of course. thanks

SIG makes specialized sight pushers for that sort of thing.

I usually lock the slide down in a vise with a piece of leather to protect it and use a brass drift with a thin leather shim to protect the sight and tap on it with a medium sized ball peen hammer. Front sights aren't easy though. If it's not really noticeable that it's off center I would drift the rear sight instead to compensate. Usually much easier.

If the front sight is off to the left it will shoot to the right. Push the rear sight to left also to compensate. You should carefully shoot it from a rest first to make sure it truly does need adjustment.

Guest Brian@GunDepot

I carry a p250, and I know exactly what your saying.

The guns da trigger takes a few rounds to get used to. Trying pulling the trigger with the last digit of your index finger (should be pulling this way anyway) and squeeze it slowly to almost the point of release and hold. Practice this with the gun empty and you'll find your shots will be more accurate when your at the range. I love this gun and replaced my xd9sub as my main carry weapon. The p250 .40 are coming out in a week or so, so keep an eye at your local shop if you want one of those.

Mine did shoot a little to the right @ 25yds though. I highly recommend a sight adjuster for a dovetail instead of using a hammer/etc... unless you don't care about the finish of your pistol. A gunsmith also might do it for you for minimal fee. The accuracy is ~.02"/3" @ 10yds left or right on the front (its in your manual).

Guest superslacker

I had the same problem with the DA in my Sig 229. I bought some snap caps and dry fired it from DA several hundred times while holding the sights on a target. This improved my aim dramatically. The only downside is that you have to keep doing this periodically or you will lose the benefit.

Guest abailey362

I know that Skip's Firearms has a sight adjuster for Sigs that he usually has at the shop. Should only be about a 15min drive for you and he should be able to get it straightened out for you.

If not, like someone said above, shoot low and left

Edited by abailey362