Somebody show me your classic rifles

Warbird

I want to see some classic rifles; side by sides, over/unders, even Hawkens, or Sharps. Great old British and Belgian guns. Falling blocks, rolling blocks. Classic big game guns. Let's see something interesting. Do you shoot them? Do you hunt with them?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a savage model 99 is that classic?

Certainly a unique design and one that stood the test of time. Classic in the technical sense, but it was produced in large numbers for 90 years.

Same for the Mauser, a great rifle. I have 2 myself and once won a shooting competition with w/o a scope when everyone else had a scope. Mauser is a classic in that technical sense as both can be. But I am especially interested in seeing smaller production non-standard rifles. Like I said, falling blocks, side by sides and over/unders. Not that the others are not classics, but I want to see some examples of what TGO members have that is unique by today's standards of rifles.

How about a W Richards side by side rabbit ear 10ga shot gun? I think (correct me if I'm wrong) W Richards was sold out arround 1905. It is a BP shotgun with lamminated barrels. I will try to post a pic whan I get home from Seattle next week.

Yes, they're all mine. That's looking into my vault at the larger part of my collection. It was cheaper to build a secure vault than keep buying safes. Two cameras -- one inside, one outside, both on continuous loop recorder, monitored alarm system, two easily triggered canisters of teargas and pepperspray.

Off the top of my head, calibers I have are 8x57, 8x56r, 7.62x51, 7.62x54r, .303, 7.5x55, 6.5x55, 7.65x53, 9x19, 9x18, 9x23, 9 Largo, 7.62x39, 7x57, .45acp, , .380acp, 7.62 Nagant, .32acp, .32 S&W long, .30-06, .243 Win, .257 Roberts, 7.62x25, .40 S&W, .223, 5.45x39, .270 Win, .17hmr, .17 mach 2, .22 mag, and of course .22 short, long, longrifle. I'm sure I missed a few.

I reload most of the centerfire rifle calibers.

Edited by Mausermeister
thats awesome. are they mostly safe queens or do you shoot them? what are most of them?

Actually very few I haven't shot.

Lot of Mossberg .22s, Milsurps from all over the spectrum including .22 trainers, Mosins, Enfields, straight pulls, and of course many many Mausers.

I've never shot the same rifle twice at my club's high-power matches.

Edited by Mausermeister