Just a Rifle question.

chipperi

I was flipping through a Shotgun News yesterday at work because I was bored. I saw a lot of small type under a lot of ak, fn fal, and other foreign military style parts that said "this counts as 1 US compliant part". What is up with that? Im not much into rifles execpt my AR whis is US made anyway. Could someone please explain the law in laymans terms for me.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Any imported centerfire rifle or shotgun has to be 922r compliant if it has a high capacity (11+) mag or any other "un-sporting" features such as a pistol grip or flash hider, etc. In order to be compliant, the rifle has to have 10 or fewer foreign made parts on it. So if you add anything on to the rifle or swap anything out, the new part needs to be made in the US, hence the "US Compliant" verbage.

Edited by bkelm18
Guest grimel
Any imported centerfire rifle or shotgun has to be 922r compliant if it has a high capacity (11+) mag or any other "un-sporting" features such as a pistol grip or flash hider, etc. In order to be compliant, the rifle has to have 10 or fewer foreign made parts on it.

Out of a list of 24 parts. Different guns have different combinations of these parts.

Search 922R compliance for the list.

So many stupid rules it nearly takes a lawyer to keep it all straight.

I hate 922.

But I do prefer using the commie mags instead of the US ones, so I do what must be done. Thank god the AK's have so few parts. I can imagine trying to have no more than 10 foreign parts in an imported AR

Guest bkelm18
I hate 922.

But I do prefer using the commie mags instead of the US ones, so I do what must be done. Thank god the AK's have so few parts. I can imagine trying to have no more than 10 foreign parts in an imported AR

Is there such a thing as an imported AR? Haha.

Guest bkelm18

Yeah, I get what you're saying. But for the most part, we don't really have to worry about 922r unless it comes to Saigas and the like. Most of the imported stuff you buy is already compliant.

The most notable use of 922 is with FAL's ..those are VERY popular rifles..made in Belgium. Since they use 20 round magazines they have to have all sorts of American parts installed to make them compliant...so guys go and buy an exact same hand grip, except it's made in the U.S.

stuff like that. In Kommifornia, you have to have all sorts of other stuff too..so it ends up not being the same rifle really.