Permit

Guest db99wj

As I said in my intro thread, 2 weeks and 2 days since I got fingerprinted, 2 weeks and 4 days since I paid my money and got my picture made.

Anybody heard how long it has been taking? Instructor in the class said they have heard 2 weeks recently.

What, I live in Memphis, I have to carry!;)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'd be nice if it was only 2 weeks wouldn't it?

I applied on Jan 2 and fingerprinted the next day, so we're running about the same timeframe.

The average I've seen from reading posts on other forums is about a 45 day wait, with one claiming to have got it in 3 weeks.

One thing for sure, when I do get it I'll post about it here first :lol:

It took me nearly 90 days when I got my KY permit transferred to TN, but that was 9 years ago too. Where did you have to go to get fingerprinted? My wife just took her class on Sunday and was told that she gets fingerprinted one place and her permit application is made at the Dept of Safety.

Dept of Safety did both back when I did it.

The TBI has a private company do all the fingerprinting now, a company called Cogent Systems.

When you apply for your permit now, the Drivers License Station gives you a number and/or a web address to register with the TBI for prints, then you have to wait a day for the info to be entered and then you can choose a place from this list to be fingerprinted...

http://www.state.tn.us/safety/driverlicense/TAPSLocations.pdf page 3

I chose the Obion Co Sheriffs Office, it was closest

They wern't busy so I was in and out in about 10 minutes

It took my wife 4 weeks to the day of her fingerprinting to get her permit last year. What you can do is call the Dept. of safety in Nashville and ask the Gal(real nice :lol:) if she can see where in the process you are. When I called about my permit she said she had everything she needed to send off to print once she got her bosses

sig

. She said shed do that ASAP......2 weeks later I had permit in hand.

Good luck with it....and be safe

Guest KarolinaKid

It took mine just under 6 weeks from time of finger printing to hitting my mailbox. Anything 90 days or less meets their agreed upon time frame.

Thanks guys, this is the worst thing ever:D

I have the handgun, I have had the class, pay the money, get fingerprinted, got my Blackhawk paddle holster, got my CTAC IWB holster and can't put anything in it, while I am out and about...

Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue:doh:

I called the state today and the lady I spoke with was great. She looked me up said they have everything ready to go except for my class certificate and it had not been scanned yet:mad:, she asked if I had a copy, I said of course, and she said fax that thing to me and call me(I had to run home to get it). I faxed, I called, she said, hold on while I go see, she got it, she said great, I will process today, should have it in 7 to 10 days.:devil:

I called the state today and the lady I spoke with was great. She looked me up said they have everything ready to go except for my class certificate and it had not been scanned yet:mad:, she asked if I had a copy, I said of course, and she said fax that thing to me and call me(I had to run home to get it). I faxed, I called, she said, hold on while I go see, she got it, she said great, I will process today, should have it in 7 to 10 days.:devil:

Im glad the call brought you some answers DB!!!!! Get ready to tote it man....itsa comin!

I saw/read/heard both, that you don't need it and that you do need it. I actually heard it, looked for mine, couldn't find it, ordered a new one, it came in and I needed it when I was at the DMV. Glad I had it.

Guest Loaded247

Like Tungsten, I transferred mine over from Kentucky. Fortunately, due to my job AND due to the fact that my KY permit was current, I could carry anyway...:devil:

However, mine actually 101 days!

I called the state today and the lady I spoke with was great. She looked me up said they have everything ready to go except for my class certificate and it had not been scanned yet:mad:, she asked if I had a copy, I said of course, and she said fax that thing to me and call me(I had to run home to get it). I faxed, I called, she said, hold on while I go see, she got it, she said great, I will process today, should have it in 7 to 10 days.:up:

After reading this, I couldn't take the suspense anymore...

I just called the permit office and the lady took my DL# and told me it was issued on the 19th, and I should have it in 7-10 days, presumably from the 19th....YIPPEEE!!!!

:devil: