Music City Tactical Shooters--Intro To Shooting Match

On May 4, 2013 MCTS will host an Introduction to Competitive Shooting Match. This match is geared towards exposing you to the various disciplines we shoot at our range. We did a similar match on Feb. 2 that snowed quite a bit so we decided to try it again.

We will make every reasonable accommodation for new--safe shooters. Please ask in this thread or PM Hognut, Lagerhead, GSBell, Catseye, rbrooks65, or 9mmNorma if you have any questions or concerns.

The match course descriptions will be posted on the website soon. It consists of two "Run-n-Gun"(USPSA)style, two IDPA, one GSSF(Glock Match), one Speed Steel(Steel Challenge) and one all steel stage.

• Like 1
Guest mattgawarecki

What's the typical duration for an event like this? Curious and perhaps interested in showing up.

EDIT: Also, are there any plans in place regarding rain? The forecast is showing a good chance.

Edited by mattgawarecki

What's the typical duration for an event like this? Curious and perhaps interested in showing up.

EDIT: Also, are there any plans in place regarding rain? The forecast is showing a good chance.

We look forward to seeing you there, sir :wave: ...

Guest mattgawarecki

Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it out after all. Turns out I have other obligations this weekend. *grumble grumble* Hope everyone has a great time on Saturday though, sounds like a lot of fun! :)

I might be able to come to other matches but I was looking forward to the whole "Intro" element of this one in particular. If it's possible I could still get that sort of exposure to competitive shooting at another match or at another time, I'd probably be up for it. If anyone has leads on that just PM me, don't want to hijack the thread.

Anyhow, thanks for the kind invitation!

Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it out after all. Turns out I have other obligations this weekend. *grumble grumble* Hope everyone has a great time on Saturday though, sounds like a lot of fun! :)

I might be able to come to other matches but I was looking forward to the whole "Intro" element of this one in particular. If it's possible I could still get that sort of exposure to competitive shooting at another match or at another time, I'd probably be up for it. If anyone has leads on that just PM me, don't want to hijack the thread.

Rick and Norma, who are both Master Class shooters, usually take the new and inexperienced shooters in their squad. They are amazing teachers and can keep you on the right track. There is absolutely no pressure while under the timer to hurry out of your comfort level while shooting. And no need to wait for a beginners class or match. All the MCTS shooters are eager to help if you ask. It is really an amazing group of people. You will feel at ease, safe and welcome no matter what your skill level.

• Like 1

Thank you for the kind words Mechanic X :up: !!!

Mattgawarecki, Mechanic X is absolutely right. TEAM MCTS will be happy to help/assist you in any way we can.. What better way to have a beginners class 101 that is safe, fun and such learning experience that in a match. Front and center exposure to various disciplines. :wave:

Edited by 9mm NORMA

Any idea on the round count this weekend?

Stage 1 - Run n Gun          26 rounds

Stage 2 - Outlaw Steel       20 rounds

Stage 3 - GSSF Glock M   27 rounds (3 strings total)

Stage 4 - IDPA                   16 rounds

Stage 5 - Run n Gun          26 rounds

Stage 6 - Speed Steel        20 rounds

Stage 7 - IDPA                   15 rounds

Total  150

Blame John for this....LOL

*NOTE:  Depending on the turnout, I may need to adjust the COF to make things run smoothly.  All of the stages designed by John are 1st rate.  Great day of shooting tomorrow, don't miss it!

Edited by HOGNUT
  • Like 1

Thank you for all that came out.  Weather scared a lot of people away from the range today and turned out to be great shooting weather.  Rained up until 7:45-8:00 AM and held off the rest of the day.  I am working on scores and will have it posted to the website as soon as it is finished.

Don't forget May 18th and 19th for the GSSF match.

Edited by HOGNUT
Guest mattgawarecki
Glad to hear it all went well! I know it rained on us all day. Hopefully I'll be able to make it later on, right now it's looking like late June before I'm free.

Big thanks to the crew who put on today's match! Lots of fun to have such a variety in stages.

We lucked out again with the weather.

I got lots of practice clearing all types of malfunctions. Lesson learned to do more testing with a new load before bringing it to a match.

http://youtu.be/hZ4xuH8L8ZA

• Like 1
After seeing AO's video I am even more mad I missed. I think this is my favorite format for a match.
I have came down with a case of the shingles. It sucks and is quite painful.
I hope you guys liked the stages. Please thank Dale when you see him for setting up. And big thanks to Lagerhead for coming out just to help.
See you at the Glock match
It was a great course design Mechanic X. It looks easy BUT IT IS NOT!!! it was like half of a sanctioned match, lol.. you have to set this up again mr. John, too bad a lot of people missed this. Hope you feel better soon (**,)...

Mr. Dale did an awesome job! Lagerhead, thank you!

Great video A.O. (**,)!

Glad to meet new and not so new shooters. Huge thanks everyone for coming and helping out.. See y'all at the GSSF MATCH.