Sig P226 Tacital 9mm Purchase

Someone try and talk me out of this please.  I have been looking at a new 9mm for the range and targets.  I have a carry weapon.  I always thought it would be the G34<<hence ShootingGlocks>>  I had this in my hand at the gun show last weekend and again at the gun store today.  Ssshhh don't tell the Glocks..Thoughts?

If I was looking at a 226 it would be the MK25, not because its what the seals use yada yada, but because it comes with 3 Mecgar mags, not the usual 2 unreliable Checkmate mags all others ship with... thats just me though, I don't like many of the products Exeter is turning out now a days

• Like 1
I haven't had any issues with the newer mags. Sig is making fine hand guns and I would disagree with anyone who says otherwise. If you buy it, the Mec-Gar mags are great and cheaper than sig factory, plus they make mags for Sig. I say go for it, I own two 226s, and would not hesitate to add more.

I own more than one Sig and I own an equal amount of glocks.  Sigs in my view are a very fine weapon, extremely accurate, and feel excellent in my hands.  Sig vs. Glock in my house, Sig will win every time (excluding $$$).  With that said, I do own an equal amount of Glocks for reason.  They are good too, just not as pretty.  If one of my Sigs were to drop on to a concrete floor, I would look at the scratches and scuffs, and try to remove them.  If one of my glocks were to fall, I could care less, probably wouldn't even look at the weapon for the scuff mark. 

I bought the 226 this afternoon.  Took it to the range with my son.  We ran a quick hundred rounds through it.  Shot great, felt fantastic in my hands and I really loved the sights.  Had the Glock with me, so we shot fifty rounds through that as well.  Very Happy with the purchase!