IDPA Match - Music City Tactical Shooters

No test driving necessary.  We are going forward this point onward to prepare all of us for the Music City Cup III in November with consistent and accurate match administration.  No sanctioned events can implement it before the October 1st effective date but local clubs can implement it before then to become familiarized with it.

Also, if we are following the new rules, can be the sixth shooter starting on the first stage.  :devil:

Never hurts to ask does it?

Tom

I guess little clarification of my statement is needed. 

The new rules state no personal walk troughs after the group walk through.   Because MTSC generally rotates the shooter up a notch after each stage, if I start in the sixth position I will gradually work my way up to the second position by the fifth stage.  This will help my old brain remember the stage layouts.

For example, if you start in third position you will be last on the fourth stage or start in tenth you will never be closer than fifth.    Having ten plus shooters in a squad can be a long time to remember your cover points.

Not trying to make a ruckus, just little gamming.  

Tom

I guess little clarification of my statement is needed. 

The new rules state no personal walk troughs after the group walk through.   Because MTSC generally rotates the shooter up a notch after each stage, if I start in the sixth position I will gradually work my way up to the second position by the fifth stage.  This will help my old brain remember the stage layouts.

For example, if you start in third position you will be last on the fourth stage or start in tenth you will never be closer than fifth.    Having ten plus shooters in a squad can be a long time to remember your cover points.

Not trying to make a ruckus, just little gamming.  

Tom

Most clubs try to rotate individuals as much as possible so that one person is never the first one every time.  Sometimes that is difficult if the club has a lot of new shooters present which generally do not go first on a stage. 

Thank you for coming out and shooting with us and thank you for all the help with the teardown :cool:.. Had a great time specially with the new shooters. Thank you Mr. Justin and Mr. Tom for all the help with the scores keeping and also with the new shooters  :wave: .

CONGRATULATIONS again to Mr. Dale "young buck" Spikes!!! YOU ROCK :rock: !!!

Scores are out and should be on the site shortly. It was hot but bearable.

That was one of the "most funnest" matches I have shot in awhile, if I do say so myself. :cool:

Of course it is always fun when you are shooting well.

Congrats to 9mmNorma for the overall win with Jeff S.right behind and HOGNUT, jmecklen and Me rounding out the top five.

Edited by Mechanic_X

Thank you everyone that helped get the big tree out of the road that blew over on the road before the bridge.  Without your help, we do not know how we could have gotten past it to the range. 

Tom.......you're welcome.  You wanted to have the group walk-thru fresh on your mind.

In my continuing 30 + year effort to get my wife interested in the shooting sports, I had her view Bonnie as she shot the stages.

My wife's comment...., "I like Bonnie's nails - - - Ask her what color that is....."

:waiting: 

In my continuing 30 + year effort to get my wife interested in the shooting sports, I had her view Bonnie as she shot the stages.

My wife's comment...., "I like Bonnie's nails - - - Ask her what color that is....."

:waiting: 

Your road is uphill and very steep isn't it????

Scores are out and should be on the site shortly. It was hot but bearable.

That was one of the "most funnest" matches I have shot in awhile, if I do say so myself. :cool:

Of course it is always fun when you are shooting well.

Congrats to 9mmNorma for the overall win with Jeff S.right behind and HOGNUT, jmecklen and Me rounding out the top five.

I was so happy that you had designed the stages and we didn't have to be subjected to the stuff that HOGNUT comes up with, and then I shot stage 2!!! You are a mean, mean man!

Four out of five ain't bad. It was still fun.

I was so happy that you had designed the stages and we didn't have to be subjected to the stuff that HOGNUT comes up with, and then I shot stage 2!!! You are a mean, mean man!

Four out of five ain't bad. It was still fun.

Stage two wasn't that bad.  I thought String 1 on Stage 1 was the worse!