Pet loads for Glock 20

Thanks to our buddy Robert; im the proud owner of a Glock 20... Do any of you all have any pet loads that ya like for the 10 mm?  I'm thinkin 180 and 200 grain jacketed hollow points here and 200 grain or heavier hardcast shot thru a aftermarket barrel...

Think about this a bit and let me know what ya think....

Thanks in advance,

leroy

W231 @ 7.5 grain behind a 150 hp, which is supposed to be a max load shot fine the other day. 49th Lyman

manual shows it to be most accurate. I thought it shot like a 9mm, though. I bet it can be pushed up a little.

AA 9 at 13.0 grain behind a 180 flat point shot fine. Felt like a 10mm should.

That was out of a G20 and a G29. I think if I had a handle on a ton of 10mm brass I might sell my 45's.

You will like that gun, Leroy.

Thanks for the info guys; i appreciate it... David and 6.8 confirmed my intuition regarding AA#9; as it works well in 357 sig and other high pressure cartridges...As to Zombie's recommendations; Longshot makes sense too...Power Pistol makes plenty of sense for "mid range" and even high velocity loads as well...

Has anyone tried 2400 with hard cast bullets in the 200 to 220 grain range?....

Thanks a bunch,

leroy

• 2 weeks later...

would think case capacity would be the issue with 2400 in a 10mm with heavy bullets

Once my WSL is gone I will have to source out a powder for my 10mm but I have a few Lbs. left so it will be awhile

might have to look into a G20 as my delta elite is getting long in the tooth.

John

John:  Ya hit the nail on the head with this:

....would think case capacity would be the issue with 2400 in a 10mm with heavy bullets....

I wuz lookin for the case to be plum full of 2400 with a big lead bullet... That was the reason for the question... If i could find a good load; i would run the reloads on my Dillon 650... I always like a case full of powder when i do reloads with it; so as to not run any chance of a double charged case...

Alliant gives a 2400 load for jacketed 200 grain bullets in their data (...about 11 grains, i think...need to check to be sure...)   I've had great success over the years with hard cast lead bullets and 2400 in all the hard kicking magnums.... 2400 is a great lead bullet load, and i keep lots of it around...

I wuz hopin that someone had already tried it and could give an opinion... There is plenty of Blue Dot data out there; but not much 2400...

leroy