Range report...

charlessummers

Took my new (used) G30 to the range today for a quickie... meaning I went to Gun City USA. Luckily I was the only one there.

The G30 is a great shooting firearm! I shot mainly Weaver style, but alternated right hand only, left hand only, slow fire, double tap, rapid fire. While not the best patterns to be had with a new pistol shooting this way, I was able to keep all rounds on paper. (At Gun City, you have to reel the targets all the way back BTW) This pistol will replace my G26 as my winter carry since I can conceal it better with more clothes on, but what I learned was that I'm MUCH more accurate with the G26! Sure it has something to do with recoil, but rapid fire was a piece of cake compared with the G30. Left handed only went to the G30, Right handed only went to the G26. I think my left hand is a little larger for some crazy reason, but I get a better grip on the slightly wider G30 frame.

Also, shot my little LCP for the first time with the Crimson Trace laser attached to it. I gotta say I am impressed! I really don't care that much for lasers, but since the LCP doesn't have any real sights to speak of... this little laser made shooting easy without raising the gun any higher than I needed to.

Speaking of Gun City... the gentleman behind the counter is a very nice and friendly guy. I like him. But, their range has been shot to hell! There was a bullet hole through the lane table that I was at! Looking around, it's scary to think that people are as careless as they seem to be there. I took my son there the last time I went, and decided that I wouldn't risk his life there any more. The group that was checking in before us had never shot before and was getting lesson as to how to load, and properly shoot their rented firearms... Several times I had to remind them that my son and I weren't looking forward to a trip to the hospital! I finally had enough that time and left. Whew... I did offer them help if they wanted it, but "they've got this"... Today I was there alone until just about the time I was ready to leave. Another guy showed up to shoot there, but it was obvious that he knew what he was doing. Thank goodness...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic