Opinions on H&K p30

pops572

Been lusting after one for a while now and with the acquisition of a p2000sk recently it really fueled the fire. Any reasons not to get one? Looking at the v2 in 9mm. More for a fun gun, occasional carry piece. I have not found any bad reviews, only good things said about them. What experiences do you guys have if any?
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a p30s and a p30L. Hated the side mounted safety! Love the "upgrade" to the decocker only model. Sighting takes a little getting used to as the front sight typically covers the target on the h&k instead of your typical six o'clock sight picture. Adjustable grips are a big plus as well as ambidextrous controls.
I had heard a bunch of people say that it had the best ergonomics or felt like it was molded to your hand. I didnt believe it. Double stack .45s feel best in my hand.

I was at Nashville Armory one day and saw one in the case and was curious, asked to see it. What they say is true, when I picked it up it melted to my hand. Most ergonomic pistol ive ever held bar none
I love me some P30! If you can try and find a long slide version to hold as well, some prefer the balance the extra length provides, for range and HD it can't be beat. The interchangeable grips really let you make the gun fit your hand like a glove. I liked the shorter slide release of the S model but hated the ambi safety, you can add the shorter slide release to any variant. The P30/P2000sk is a hard combo to beat!
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest kingarmory

The grips fit the hand beautifully, but the trigger leaves a bit to be desired.  At least it isn't like the P2000 they issue to USBP, that POS has a trigger like a staple gun

Guest Mauser_KAR98K

It is by far the best ergonomical gun I have.  I have the P30s (V3) in .40 and it does not have the snappyness or jarring recoil that is typical of most .40s (Glock 22).  The only draw back is the triiger, noteably the travel length of the reset, and the squashyness of the SA pull.  It is not a clean break like my Apex FSS trigger in my M&P45.  It is, however, very accurate.  Only have 200 rounds through it, but I love it so far.  Slide is about the same length as a Glock 19, but the has a comparable full-size grip.