I started a 10/22 build

Guest Rugerman

Guest Rugerman

So I have started building a 10/22. My next project is getting that trigger pull a bit lighter. Any suggestions? Here is what I have so far....

October076.jpg

October080.jpg

October079.jpg

Thanks!:D Nothing too fancy, but hey, I'm not a fancy type guy!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

Can't help you on the trigger... but I can help you spend your money. Needs a suppressor. :D

If for no other reason than because you can... especially in light of the potential political situation on the horizon.

Looks good so far, though. :D

Guest Rugerman
Can't help you on the trigger... but I can help you spend your money. Needs a suppressor. :D

If for no other reason than because you can... especially in light of the potential political situation on the horizon.

Looks good so far, though. :D

What is the process for getting a surpressor? Thanks for the kind words. All I have done so far is the optics, bull barrel, stock, magazines, and bipod. :slap: Trigger is next and probably the only other thing I will do. Did I mention it shoots like a dream?

Guest EasilyObsessed

If you want an inexpensive first step in regards to the trigger....go to rimfirecentral.com and look under the classifieds for a user named SwampFox. He sells reworked factory triggers for very reasonable prices and they get great reviews.

Guest Rugerman
If you want an inexpensive first step in regards to the trigger....go to rimfirecentral.com and look under the classifieds for a user named SwampFox. He sells reworked factory triggers for very reasonable prices and they get great reviews.

Thanks EO. I appreciate any advice on the triggers. I will look into it.

Guest Verbal Kint
What is the process for getting a surpressor?

Pay for the suppressor... fill out the BATFE paperwork (or the shop you buy from will probably assist in this)... pay the tax stamp... sit back and wait for your toy to arrive.

Shoot Joe (Hero Gear) a PM and he'll fill you in on the skinny, as well as whatever suppressors he might have laying around. He might be able to cut you a deal. You can check out his pimped out .22 rifles and suppressed "ugly" rifle, in this thread, if you haven't already.

Guest Rugerman
Rugerman...for a great trigger all you need is a Volquartsen Hammer for $30. It drops right in and will get you a 2# pull.

Next time we shoot I will bring mine.

Thanks Pie,

I shot about 200 more rounds through it yesterday and it did smooth out a lot, but I still need it to be lighter. The first 10/22 I bought has a little bit better of a trigger on it, but for this gun I need it light.

Pie helped me with the trigger work on my 10/22. As he said get the target hammer from VQ it is well worth the $30 from midwayusa. That plus a little sanding and polishing here and there will get it in the 2lb range with a nice crisp clean trigger pull.

I will bring mine whenever we shoot.

Guest Rugerman
Pie helped me with the trigger work on my 10/22. As he said get the target hammer from VQ it is well worth the $30 from midwayusa. That plus a little sanding and polishing here and there will get it in the 2lb range with a nice crisp clean trigger pull.

I will bring mine whenever we shoot.

Awesome, looking forward to it!

heres mine. if you notice the trigger is shiny I would not try such a feat again. the trigger is a soft aluminum with a coating. it was really hard to get the whole trigger to a mirror shine but i finally did it. the stock is a hogue rubberized for a bull barrel so the barrel is fully floating.

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

Heck...while we are throwing up pics...here is mine.

00001-1-1.jpg

Pre-warning barrel, properly sealed free floating stock, and ultradot 25 sight. No heavy barrel cause I got lucky with this one...Using my 2-7 VX scope I have put 10 rounds in a 1" circle at 75 yards. The red dot is very, very fast to point. If it weren't for safety concerns I am willing to bet one could shoot thrown clay pigeons with it. I am sold on red-dots 100%

Guest EasilyObsessed
Heck...while we are throwing up pics...here is mine.

Pre-warning barrel, properly sealed free floating stock, and ultradot 25 sight. No heavy barrel cause I got lucky with this one...Using my 2-7 VX scope I have put 10 rounds in a 1" circle at 75 yards. The red dot is very, very fast to point. If it weren't for safety concerns I am willing to bet one could shoot thrown clay pigeons with it. I am sold on red-dots 100%

Is that one of the walnut DSP stocks? Looks beautiful!

Thanks. It is actually one of the newer (late 80's deluxe sporter) birch stocks that has been refinished with a couple of coats of a dark satin minwax stain & clearcoat. It didn't take long to do and I used folded sandpaper to detail the checkering.

I put the old walnut one on my fathers stainless 10/22

Guest Rugerman
Thanks. It is actually one of the newer (late 80's deluxe sporter) birch stocks that has been refinished with a couple of coats of a dark satin minwax stain & clearcoat. It didn't take long to do and I used folded sandpaper to detail the checkering.

I put the old walnut one on my fathers stainless 10/22

Pie, I do love your 10/22. That thing shot SWEET!