I have 2 questions

1. Does anyone know if the Memphis Zoo is posted? We want to take the grandkids tomorrow.

2. Red Bones at Jackson is having bike cruse-in on Sundays. They serve acholic beverages so I know going inside is a no go, but what about sitting in the parking lot? Yes they are serving on the patio and people are wandering everywhere with beer. Red Bones is like Logans,Outback or any other chain.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Memphis Zoo does have a sign out stating No Firearms but it does not meet the state guidelines for making it a no-no.

I will not say what I would do, but I carry almost everywhere I go, and I go to the zoo with my kids almost every weekend.

Remember, concealed means CONCEALED. I wouldn't want a Polar bear getting the opportunity to chomp down on my child should it accidentally fall over the rail.

Guest Kingfish

39-17-1305. Possession of firearm where alcoholic beverages are served. —

(a) It is an offense for a person to possess a firearm within the confines of a building open to the public where liquor, wine or other alcoholic beverages, as defined in § 57-3-101(a)(1)(A), or beer, as defined in § 57-6-102(1), are served for on premises consumption.

Not much clearer than that.

Guest Kingfish
So the Patio of On the Border is okay?

IANAL...

Yea, I would say, that as long as you don't go inside AT ALL, it would be fine. I don't see how ANYONE can misinterpret that.

Just don't drink anything and don't let any spill any booze on you.

I open-carried on the patio of a Mexican restaurant last year... Never went inside, and paid at the table. I don't think many even noticed. Call me a glutton for punishment, but I wanted to see what would happen, and perhaps have the opportunity to educate.

I guess I wasn't obvious enough, or something...

Aren't too many places to get served outside around here, so the opportunity has not since arisen again.

But, I never carry illegally. :D