Couple of questions about creating a trust.

I have gone through the form 4 wait (6 months) about a couple years ago and now find myself wanting another suppressor.  I've been studying and searching for more information and am finding that the trust seems to be the route to go.  I have a couple questions.

I'm reading about some legislation that may impact the use of a trust coming about maybe next year.  Is that something I need to research more before making the decision?

Also, can the names on the trust be changed in the future if family members die or want to be added?

Finally, can I add the suppressor I already own to the trust so it will be treated the same way as any future acquisitions?

Thanks for all the help. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gone through the form 4 wait (6 months) about a couple years ago and now find myself wanting another suppressor.  I've been studying and searching for more information and am finding that the trust seems to be the route to go.  I have a couple questions.

1.  I'm reading about some legislation that may impact the use of a trust coming about maybe next year.  Is that something I need to research more before making the decision?

2.  Also, can the names on the trust be changed in the future if family members die or want to be added?

3.  Finally, can I add the suppressor I already own to the trust so it will be treated the same way as any future acquisitions?

Thanks for all the help. 

1.  You are talking about 41p.  Don't expect a ruling on this until Q2 2015.  No one can tell you with any certainty what is or is not going to happen here.  Worst case scenario, you will have to supply background check info and fingerprint cards for everyone on your trust.  

2.  Yes.  Your lawyer can explain all of this to you but the trust can be amended without too much hassle.  

3.  Yes.  But you will have pay the 200 dollars again and submit another form 4 to make this happen.