My Cute Doe

I missed a nice buck at 7:28 and then shot this little doe at 7:29

This was the seventh deer I hade seen by 7:30.....I still can't believe I missed that buck.....I was able to get two shot off on him, and missed each time. He was about 100 yards away.

This Doe was 15 to 20 yards away. I shot her right in the chest, and the bullet came out on the left side of her neck.

She might be little....but she will be some good eating.

PIC-0035.jpg

Edited by memphismason
stupid spelling
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing better than a Bambi steak! :rolleyes:

I had to work all day today, and have a ton of crap to do tomorrow. I won't get to hit the woods till next weekend. Guess I'm a little jealous.

Guest sharpshooter01

Congrats!! I would rather have that doe than an old buck to eat any day. I shot an 8 pt. at LBL last year that was aged at 4 1/2, it was the strongest tasting deer I have ever eaten. Give me a doe or young buck any day and I'll be happy. Congrats again and sorry for the missed opportunity, you still have the rest of the season to get him.

for meat, i'd much rather have a doe. i've been lazy this weekend and had alot going on...i get an extended 5 day weekend coming up starting on Wednesday so i plan on getting out there some then. congrats on a nice doe...i'm sure you can already taste them backstraps!

Thanks everyone.

I worked the meat up today (we do our own processing). I got twelve bags of meat (10 quart bags and 2 gallon bags)....it was about 25lbs of meat...all cut up as Steaks, Stew Meat (cubes)Roasts, and we split the ribs and made "baby back ribs".

I am going to cook some of the steaks tomorrw night. Fresh young doe.....I can hardly wait.