Smith & Wesson Pro 60

Wade195

Thanks to my neighborhood gun shop, I am the proud owners of a new model pro 60.

I had been on the look out for several months and got a call that one had been found.

To make a long story short. Or short as I can make it. I got it.

It sat in our safe for a couple weeks until this past weekend when my wife and I got the chance to have a date night at the range.

I eagerly packed it and several boxes of 38 and 357 ammo in the range bag and away we went.

We got to the range and got in right away.

I unboxed it and loaded the first cylinder with standard 38 specials.

The wood grips fit my small hands perfect.

I squeezed off the first cylinder D.A and the target was about 15 yds.
For my limited experience the revolver was smooth. The trigger was clean and crisp. The recoil with 38 was minimal. I am not sure how to gauge trigger pull but DA was easy and controllable for me.

The next rounds were 38 as well that I fired S.A. Once again the trigger was clean and crisp.

Both times I printed just a little low but the grouping was close. For me anyway.

From then on we ran full bore 357 Fiochi 158 grain ammo.
The recoil was more but very manageable.

The sights were easy to pick up and I liked the sight plane.

Sharon even shot several rounds through it and shot it well. By the way, she always out shoots me. Lol

The biggest thing for me to get used too is my middle finger is a little uncomfortable against the trigger guard.
I am guessing I will get used to that though.

We ran 2 boxes of ammo and it performed flawless.

All in all I really like it.

If you have been on the fence on one of these you might want to start looking for one. It could take some time?

I will keep you updated as we can and post a couple of pics.

Thanks

Doug
  • Like 2