Prepping HK P30 as a Suppressor Host

DavidCBaker

Been having fun getting this thing ready as I wait. I started by swapping the barrel out for a threaded one.

Today it was time to swap the rear sight out for a Trijicon RMR. It was actually quite easy to get the original sight out, but quite a bit of extra work to get the RMR bracket back in its place. My sight tool won't fit over that particular bracket. Anyway, I built a second piece to make it work.

Q9nxsbI.jpg

kzbN1Ds.jpg

Now the waiting game continues. I know that the P30 isn't cited most frequently as the ideal host, but I have one already so I might as well try it out. I do love the handgun.

• Like 1

How do you like that XC-1? I have the 300 Ultra on my EDC but have considered stepping down/up to the XC-1.

I like how it functions and I like the form factor better, but it doesn't feel nearly as well built. I haven't had it long enough to know how well it'll last. The beam spread is definitely wide (vs. narrow), so be sure that's what you want.

Been having fun getting this thing ready as I wait. I started by swapping the barrel out for a threaded one.

Today it was time to swap the rear sight out for a Trijicon RMR. It was actually quite easy to get the original sight out, but quite a bit of extra work to get the RMR bracket back in its place. My sight tool won't fit over that particular bracket. Anyway, I built a second piece to make it work.

Q9nxsbI.jpg

kzbN1Ds.jpg

Now the waiting game continues. I know that the P30 isn't cited most frequently as the ideal host, but I have one already so I might as well try it out. I do love the handgun.

I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole...because i'd have to run out and buy one if I did!  

Now we need picks of the reloader cranking out those sweet sub sonic bullets :D 

• Like 1

Hah! I've not gotten into reloading. I'm afraid it would be another excuse to spend money. Though it does strike me as the perfect thing to do at night when watching a boring TV program.

You might have to if you can't source a good supply of 147 grain 9mm. That is if you want it to be as quite as possible. I still haven't convinced my NFA loving friend that he needs to reload when he says he can't find any 147s LOL