Any Rifle Match - Gallatin Gun Club - 20 Aug

This month instead of our normal NRA High Power Rifle Match at the Gallatin Gun Club, we're inviting everyone with Any Rifle to come out to the 100 yard line and shoot a Fun Match.  Its a Shoot What You Bring kind of match.  We will follow the NRA match course of fire, but with a relaxed atmosphere geared toward letting folks have some exposure to High Power Rifle shooting. 

The only restrictions on Any Rifle is No Bipod and No Muzzle Break/Compensator.  Suppressors are OK..., you paid for that tax stamp come on out and see how accurate you are with it in Standing, Siting, and Prone positions.  See the flyer below for more details.

As for me...., I'm going vintage with my M1D Sniper! 

See You On The Firing Line 20 August.

2jw61i.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Hershmeister said:

Sounds fun- too bad i wont be able to join as we have company coming in for the wilson county fair

Well bring them to the match.  I know you can provide enough rifles to them!   

We will shoot rain or shine Saturday. 

The ready line area is under the covered bench rest area of the range.  If there is lighting in the area we will stop the match and wait for it to pass. 

Expect that first rounds will go down range as soon as the safety brief is completed.  This match should be complete sometime between 12:00 - 1:00pm. 

GGC range is located at the Gallatin TVA Steam Plant. 

1426 Steam Plant Rd
Gallatin, TN 37066

Turn right at the guard shack, then turn right at the gate.  Keep to the left on the gravel road that will take you to the range. 

Edited by DMark

Come on out next time itchytriggerfinger.   

We had a good match without a single drop of rain - - - then while pulling the targets in the sky opened up and it came a DELUGE!

leftyk82 showed up and hammered the X ring for the overall win. 

I had a good time shooting my M1D Garand Sniper.  Even with 70s era M2 ball it was keeping them in the black for the most part.  However, I need to remember to sling in harder for rapids when firing that 30.06 Big-Boy round!   

Edited by DMark
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:59 PM, 221 Fireball said:

Dang, I will try my best to make the next one, if you do that "open thing" again. Sounds like fun.

Every 3rd Saturday at GGC. 

You can actually shoot any rifle during any of our High Power matches...., just so long as it doesn't have a muzzle brake/comp.  Even if the rifle doesn't fit into any of the NRA type categories you can still shoot the match "Out of Competition" and just keep score for yourself.

Its a great way to practice the basic marksmanship fundamentals - - - sort of like a baseball player working on his swing in the batting cage.