Which is a better? Stormwerks or ACE pushbutton hinge.

I have searched and I have narrowed the choices down to these two and they are significantly different.

I am thinking I am going to go with the ACE for ease of opening and closing but I also worry about wobbles. I know the Stormwerks will probably never wobble but I also worry about how hard it will be for me to open based on an another folder I had on my Saiga 12. I am not sure what I hate worse, wobbling or hard opening hinges. It will be installed on my M85.

I am expecting my Form 1 to be approved in the next 2-3 weeks based on others in my area.

BTW, I am going to use a RPB Industries polymer "Krinkov" stock. I am going to cut it off where it slides into the rear of the receiver. And once I clean up the looks I will drill the front of it and install some 10-32 threaded inserts using two part epoxy. I will then drill and attach a metal plate to the stock then attach the stock, with metal plate, to the hinge itself. I am always looking for a way to keep guns lighter and I think this will work great with the polymer RPB stock.

Here is a picture of the RPB Industries non folding "Krinkov" stock:

077.jpg

Picture from here:http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116394

And as always, I will post pictures as I build it like I did when I made a rear peep sight and installed a front night sight on my M85.

The setup  will look similar to this except with the RPB polymer "Krinkov" stock:
DSC_0948.jpg
That is NOT my picture but is a good representation of what I plan on doing. The picture came from here and has plenty of other pictures:
ak side folders - AR15.Com Archive

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic