ruger mini 30

Guest nj.piney

Guest nj.piney

i was checking out the pawn shops in alcoa , tn . and came across a ruger mini 30 . the rifle has a good bore , good wood and one 30 round mag. its at value pawn in midland plaza for $550 out the door. seen on jan. 2, 2009 .

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was checking out the pawn shops in alcoa , tn . and came across a ruger mini 30 . the rifle has a good bore , good wood and one 30 round mag. its at value pawn in midland plaza for $550 out the door. seen on jan. 2, 2009 .

I'm not sure if that's a deal. I think I paid same for mine new. ALso, the 30rnd mag is likely to worthless. Mine will not feed anything about 10 rnds.

Run, don't walk away from that POS gun.

Crappy accuracy, non-reliable mags. Buy an AK instead.

There is a lot of humor in the fact that the golden cow of military firearms for practically anyone in the hobby is an M1 Garand.

The M-1 Carbine and the M1A are simply scaled down and improved versions of the same gun. Equally praised as fap juice to the EBR crowd.

Then Ruger makes practically the same thing for .223 and 7.62x39 and somehow the otherwise rational military folks turn up their noses. Crappy accuracy is inherit in the base models of any of the above mentioned guns. Crappy mags are the problem, not crappy guns with respect to FTF & FTE...exact thing in 1911's also. AK is a great gun, but simply a different lineage than the above guns...which are all in the same family.

Pie, I think alot of EBR people still will give the Mini14 its dues but I have to agree somewhat that the Mini30 is really bashed upon quite a bit. I think it might be that people are trying to use the Mini30 for something its not when I say this I mean in a AK type of weapon. Of course neither Mini variant has the accuracy that alot of people want but I think of them mainly as plinker weapons not hunting even though I'm sure they would do fine on coyotes and other type animals. For $550 I'd have to pass on a Mini30 if your wanting a 7.62x39 weapon there are still MAK90's out there I just put one in layaway for $599, I personally would much rather have an AK type than a mini 30 heck I think the Saiga is a much better bang for your buck than a mini. Just my opinion

Guest nj.piney

sorry about getting the name wrong , its the only pawn shop in midland plaza . i posted in case someone was looking for one . first one i have seen for sale in a pawn shop .

There is a lot of humor in the fact that the golden cow of military firearms for practically anyone in the hobby is an M1 Garand.

The M-1 Carbine and the M1A are simply scaled down and improved versions of the same gun. Equally praised as fap juice to the EBR crowd.

Then Ruger makes practically the same thing for .223 and 7.62x39 and somehow the otherwise rational military folks turn up their noses. Crappy accuracy is inherit in the base models of any of the above mentioned guns. Crappy mags are the problem, not crappy guns with respect to FTF & FTE...exact thing in 1911's also. AK is a great gun, but simply a different lineage than the above guns...which are all in the same family.

I_Like_Pie,

thats pretty much my exact thoughts!!!