tradition: no shooting on Sunday

Guest hustle

Do you shoot outdoors on Sundays?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you shoot outdoors on Sundays?

• I don't shoot on Sundays
    • I have heard of that before, but I shoot whenever I want.
    • I have never heard that before. I shoot whenever I want.

Guest hustle

I shoot out at my Dad's house in the country. It is not near many people, and the closest church is over 5 miles away as the crow flies. He never lets us shoot on Sundays. My brother and I asked him why, and he just said that he never has. He didn't say anything about church, the sabbath, family tradition, or anything like that. I was just wondering how many other people have heard of or do this.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Revelator

Actually there's a range here in Memphis that takes the opposite view. They encourage shooting on the Lord's day. Bring in your church bulletin, get a free target. (Good only on Sundays.)

Edited by P. Stegall
Guest hustle
Actually there's a range here in Memphis that takes the opposite view. They encourage shooting on the Lord's day. Bring in your church bulletin, get a free target. (Good only on Sundays.)

That is so awesome.

Guest Jason F.
there are 2 ranges that I shoot at that have churches nearby we don't shoot til church lets out at those ranges.

I guess it is easier to pick the parishioners off between the church door and their cars when they are leaving right. :devil:

Guest Fenris

As kids we were never allowed to hunt or fish on Sunday. Dad felt that taking a life, even an animal life on Sunday was wrong.

I love fishing after church now.

Guest nraforlife

I'd post a picture but that could/would be considered a hate crime and I would hate to see this site yanked or fire bombed. But lets just say that a 30.06 sure makes a big hole in bound toilet paper.

I have hunted from about age 9, started by myself as Dad never was a hunter.I had never been aware of a no hunting or shooting law on Sunday until I started hunting (alot) in Canada.I have been to Northern Alberta,Peace River area about 35 times in the last 8 years.You are not allowed to hunt farm land on Sundays which is about 80 % of + million acres I hunt.The largest Whitetail and Mule buck are in the farm land but,we can still hunt them plus Moose and bear in the fall in the mountains.,

I dont know if there is an actuale law but it is done out of respect to the Mininights that own most of the large farms we hunt.

Not sure how to vote because if it is my land and I would like to shoot and there were no local churches or folks that were offended.I would shoot and hunt,

If I did have local churches or folks that were offended I would not shoot unless the animal in my sight was larger than what I have on my wall.

Afterwords I would send a donation and an opoligy letter

Guest Jcochran88

Around my house it was perfectly fine to shoot on sunday's or even hunt for that matter as long as you didn't miss church. if you didn't go to church then no shooting. Just the way it was and I guess it has been engrained in me that is the way to this day I still do it.