Sig p229 SAS

PackinMama

Since I can't seem to find an EMP in .40 anywhere right now, I've been eyeing the Sig p229 SAS. I've never owned a Sig or even shot one. I'd like to know if anyone here has or has had one of these? What's you're opinion on this gun?

I like the sound of the DAK trigger and no manual safety, I also like the 12 rd. mag capacity. The SAS is beautiful gun as well, and looks like it would be a very nice carry weapon.

What do you guys/gals think? Should I get the Sig or hold out for the elusive EMP .40? :popcorn:

Here's a pic and specs on the SAS: http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=8&productid=85

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

You can't go wrong with a Sig. I carry one (a P228) and I have the utmost confidence in it. I've owned a P220 with the DAK trigger. It was pretty nice once you get used to it. It's a little different than a DA/SA or a Glock/XD trigger but I think it's a nice balance in between.

Have you held a 229? There is quite a bit if difference between a EMP and 229.

Skip's firearms has a great deal on a used 229 SAS here i couple of weeks ago.

Actually I haven't held either. I do have large hands though. My Glock 23 feels just right in my hand.

Guest abailey362

I have a 229 SA/DA and it's been a great gun. It is a bit large though and weighs a little more than your glock. Are you stuck on the DAK or is that just what has caught your eye?

Guest TJones8611

I agree with "The One". Sigs are amazing and will you certainly love it, however, if it's not your top choice, you will not be completely satisfied with it. I say hold out and get a Sig another day.

Well, I do like Double Action only guns....but I'm not opposed to DA/SA either. What really caught my eye was the smooth lines of the SAS...nothing to snag on your clothing and it looks nice too. I also like the 12 round capacity....and I really want a .40

In the morning I'm going to a couple gun shops....one has an EMP 9mm that I just want to pick up and hold....see how I like the feel. Hopefully one of them will have a Sig 229 I can check out too.

Well, I do like Double Action only guns....but I'm not opposed to DA/SA either. What really caught my eye was the smooth lines of the SAS...nothing to snag on your clothing and it looks nice too. I also like the 12 round capacity....and I really want a .40

In the morning I'm going to a couple gun shops....one has an EMP 9mm that I just want to pick up and hold....see how I like the feel. Hopefully one of them will have a Sig 229 I can check out too.

I have a 239 SAS DAK, they are a great gun. The DAK trigger does take some getting use to. To be honest I am still on the fence if I like it or not.