East Tn TGO Members JULY 2007 Meet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest c.a.s.

That depends on if there are any ranges that wouldn't mind playing host. Or if the current one doesn't want us back next month.

Guest Phantom6
That depends on if there are any ranges that wouldn't mind playing host. Or if the current one doesn't want us back next month.

C.A.S.,

We have been alternating locations each month. It is time for the Tri-Cities area to host the meet. I'm sure that the good folks up there will be able to dig up a shootin'spot but if there is no range available of course every one would be welcome at our place where we will meet this 16 June. Otherwise we'll be happy to host the August meet.

Guest c.a.s.

When you guys find some place, I hope I wil be able to go. We don;t travel much (other than Oak Ridge), so it gets hard sometimes. Mom's boyfriend travels a lot, so he''ll probably end up driving like he does a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I am making note of the 21st and doing everything in my power to not let that date get fubbed up.

I got to shoot with Boom this past Saturday and from what he told me shooting with yall is something too much fun to pass up. I am really looking forward to it. That setup for shooting in OR looked like a sweet place. But I like the tri cities too and am willing to travel!

Told the wife today I had plans on July 21 and to not be making plans for me that day.

Does not matter to me where it is held, I am looking forward to shooting and meeting you all.

Going to bring two handguns and one long gun.

Guest Phantom6

Ok. It's the 4th of July and no one has any info up regarding the "shoot the gun/bull" meet set for the 21st. How about it buys and girls?

Guest Boomhower

Looks like I might be out of this one too. :D I won't really know anything until almost the day of. My son is having heel cord lengthening surgery on July 19th, and my wife is at the motherly stage in life where she can't pick up large objects. So I may need to stay home and move him about, unless he can crawl by Sat.

However, looks to me Mike, that you may be hosting again. No one has offered up a place over on the Tri-cities side. Unless someone is just holding out, but plans need to start pretty soon. Unless this meet is dying off already.:D In which case, I hope not.

Guest Phantom6
Looks like I might be out of this one too. :( I won't really know anything until almost the day of. My son is having heel cord lengthening surgery on July 19th, and my wife is at the motherly stage in life where she can't pick up large objects. So I may need to stay home and move him about, unless he can crawl by Sat.

However, looks to me Mike, that you may be hosting again. No one has offered up a place over on the Tri-cities side. Unless someone is just holding out, but plans need to start pretty soon. Unless this meet is dying off already.:D In which case, I hope not.

Heel cord lengthening surgery? Ouch. :D That sounds painful. Hope that turns out fine for him and y'all. You mentioned that your wife is in the "Motherly stage in life" and can't pick up large objects. Does that mean that mean that we are expecting another little Boomhower playing around the cabin floor? :)

In any event, if the northern tribe of the Eastern Band of TGO is having a time locating a place on which to launch projectiles in a down range fashion I would be happy to host again. We have no classes scheduled for that day and there are no horse events currently scheduled (the range is on a small horse farm). Since I schedule the range events I can hold that day for a while. If no one steps up from the Tri-cities area in the next day or so we'll plan to have it at our place again.

Guest dotsun
Heel cord lengthening surgery? Ouch. :D That sounds painful. Hope that turns out fine for him and y'all. You mentioned that your wife is in the "Motherly stage in life" and can't pick up large objects. Does that mean that mean that we are expecting another little Boomhower playing around the cabin floor? :)

In any event, if the northern tribe of the Eastern Band of TGO is having a time locating a place on which to launch projectiles in a down range fashion I would be happy to host again. We have no classes scheduled for that day and there are no horse events currently scheduled (the range is on a small horse farm). Since I schedule the range events I can hold that day for a while. If no one steps up from the Tri-cities area in the next day or so we'll plan to have it at our place again.

LMAO :D

Maybe they're all out hunting for the elusive Cheepum Amo and haven't had time to gather the fire sticks yet. You did tell them that was a snipe hunt, right?

I don't even know if I can get to a shoot. Only place I know is the forest service range that I could suggest.

Guess we wore out our welcome at Tower's brother's place?

I've tried to get hold of one of my neighbors who has a big farm. Problem is, I'm sure he would want me there, if he said yes. He's had so many problems with people shooting up his silos and all that he is reluctant to let people shoot on his property.

It would be a big help if we could get an official TFO group started up here. Lots of the shooters I know don't do Internet or much other computer stuff. I've been wanting to start a Tri-Cities gun group for several years, but until my schedule settles down, that is pretty much impossible.

Guest macho999

Depending on what happens with work this week I may be East TN in legal residence only for a while. I guess I'll have to start hooking up with the Middle TN shoots.

Guest Boomhower
Heel cord lengthening surgery? Ouch. :eek: That sounds painful. Hope that turns out fine for him and y'all.

They say it's pretty non-invasive. Doc. said he could walk out of the hospital, but go tell a 5yr old that.:shrug:.

You mentioned that your wife is in the "Motherly stage in life" and can't pick up large objects. Does that mean that mean that we are expecting another little Boomhower playing around the cabin floor? :)

You are correct, sir. For 10 weeks now. Don't know if it will be a boom or boomet yet.:D

talk about wild,

Phantom, both Dotsun and I married our SO's on the same day, and then I had called Boom to tell him, and he told me about Dotsun and His own new arrival!

Talk about a great day for freedom and the pursuit of happiness!:eek:

Oh, and Cody, my brothers' property is about 5 minutes away from kingsport.:shrug:

Guest Boomhower
Oh, and Cody, my brothers' property is about 5 minutes away from kingsport.:shrug:

Tower, are you going to be able to make that 5 min. drive this month?

Guest Boomhower
I'm pretty sure I will, I'm hoping anyhow. More than likely I will, Julie wants me to get some p.o.c. local job...we'll see.

hey! if YOU can make it, I might have a nice suprise for ya!

:cool:

Well, like I said earlier, it all depends on how much mobility my son has on that Sat. morning. One of those "hurry up and wait" things. You military guys now about that, don't cha? Or is that the Marines? Can't keep it all straight.

If you guys want to have it out at the property, it won't be a problem!

Also there are quite a few great places to eat fairly close by.

Mike, if boom CAN'T come, then I'll give you directions..its pretty easy, just head north on 40 until it turns into 81.

take 81 until you run into the sign for kingsport Hwy 26. (exit 57 I think) and head north on 26 until you get off on stone drive about 5 exits up.

take a right and go until you see the restaurant we're eating at.