Alhambra Gun Show in Chattanooga

Guest Grout

I was almost tempted to go again today for the drawing for the shotgun, but didnt feel like hunting for a parking spot again, had trouble getting one at 3 pm sat. my complaints as others mentioned on another forum were the lighting in the show ws simply to dark, hard to check out guns that way, also there simply wasnt enough room in the aisles, folks were bumping into each other, maybe next time the will leave a little more space between the tables!:D

I only was looking to buy odds & ends, got a nice Hung. ammo pouch with carry shoulder strap for $10. and did get 1 Thermold US made AK 47 30 round mag for me AMD-65 which needs 3 compliant parts, got it for $20. but i wonder if it is any good over time since it has no steel re-inforcement anywhere, but its marked L/E Govt. use only, was new in plastic type of pack.

Time will tell on it, but Thermolds work great in my ARs, also got a 40 round steel AK mag for $29. didnt really need it, but was un-issued so what the hell!

The only gun i am looking for is the newly released by SOG yugo Tok. M-57 pistol, these have never been available in at least the last 15 yrs. if ever, these hold 1 more round than all other Toks and have a longer grip and uses longer mags. SOG is selling these for $229. in exc. cond. I however hope to find me one in mint+ maybe a few will show up soon!

Just glad the Shriner show is back!:D:D:D:D:p:p:popcorn:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the show. Wasn't bad--better than the Camp Jordan show, I thought.

Didn't see a lot of private sales going on...lots of people trying, it seemed, but not a lot of people showing interest--especially when it came to $1300 ARs, or $2K M1As, or even $400 SKSs.

I spent a bit of money at the show, and was thinking about how my buying habits have changed. When I was younger, I bought a wide variety of guns, making impulse purchases based on the "Hey, here's something new..." factor. These days, I go more for the "I've tried this, it works, and I like it" angle. The three guns that I bought today are pretty much duplicates (or rather, triplicates) of guns I already own.

I'm getting sooo conservative in my "old age." At this rate, I'll be a curmudgeon by the time I'm 40.

Guest Grout

Crowded aisles,poor lighting,scarce parking. It was like the shows up there back in the mid-late 80s.I sold some mags to Spuds but did not buy a damn thing.Got all the guns and ammo I'll ever need or use.:D

Guest goomba

I had a good time, it is nice to have another show in town.

I will agree the parking seemed bad, I really didnt have a problem with parking. Slim is right about the lighting (I was so busy looking I didnt really pay attention). the biggest issue I had was trying to move from table to table. & although I had fun and will go back, I do not consider it better than the camp jordan show.

anyway, I kept looking, but didnt see any great prices. the only thing I picked up was a Ka-bar TDI knife from the guy selling the cold steel stuff.

a good gun show, and its nice to have another one it town. :D

Was anybody there when the 3pm drawing was held for the shotgun?

It seems in the last 2 yrs. no shows have had any doorprizes and i had always wondered if they actually awarded those?I also as expected, did really see any really good prices, milsurps have also gone nuts the German P-1 pistols have really gone nuts in the last yr. saw 1 for $425.:D in good cond. seen a lot going for $375.+

Guest abailey362

wish i coulda made it, but work go busy as i was going to try and slip out. been wanting to find a nice matching numbers sks....were there any there?

While i was there Spuds bought 2 Russian SKS refurbs and was going to buy 4 NIB Norinco SKS on sunday, but the chin. did not have bay. but had the lugs! Drop him a line!

They are talking about Cleveland the best club in the area,not that club on Hunter Rd. run by a cabal of old men.:(

Doh:doh:;) I was thinking of the Hunter road one. I'm not a member there but have been there with friends. The gun show was PACKED.. I'll go back to my corner in shame.

While i was there Spuds bought 2 Russian SKS refurbs and was going to buy 4 NIB Norinco SKS on sunday, but the chin. did not have bay. but had the lugs! Drop him a line!

Ok, I know who Spuds is now! I saw him today too at a pawn shop. There was a guy walking around with a Russian SKS laminated stock 54 Tula for $500:screwy: I could understand this price if it was an Ishvek all matching non refurb. Abailey I saw one Norinco on Sunday that seemed all original for $295 around the front door. Also they did give away the shotgun right after the drawing. The first ticket they drew won.