Viola Valley Gun Range, Saturday March 7th

Guest Loki

A group of us are heading out to the Viola gun range this Saturday from 11:30 or so untill whenever we run out of ammo. If anybody wants to join us, saddle up and bring your gear.

Here's directions:

Viola Valley Shooting Range in Morrison, Tennessee. (tn.) #40909607

A few of us went a couple of weeks ago, nice place, several covered areas, a 100 yard range and a couple of pistol ranges, one with reactive metal targets.

No membership required, 6 bucks to shoot.

Short bursts (3 to 5 rounds) only, no full-auto mag dumps. The dogs don't like it.

We'll be bringing several AKs, a couple of shotguns, several pistols of various calibers, a GSG and a Tommy Gun.

Going out again this Saturday, April 11th, around noon, should anyone wish to join us.

Edited by Loki
date change
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JavaGuy

Yep, it's a nice place. I've been out there several times. Pretty country to ride through on the way there and back..

Be sure to take anything you might need with you... 'cause it's a long way back to a WalMart.

Guest JavaGuy

I just thought of a couple of other things that you might want to know about the place.

1) When you get onto the range roads (graveled), you need to take it nice and slow and watch out for the owner's dogs. He rescues dogs from undesirable environments, and some of the pooches might be running around.

2) They've been running HCP classes there, and the class comes to the range to qualify after their lunch break.

Took a few pics, here's some shots from our outing at Viola gun range

Cheryl, bukowski and me

DSCF1225.jpg

Schmootika with her Thompson

DSCF1293.jpg

DSCF1294.jpg

DSCF1295.jpg

Me and my GSG

DSCF1257.jpg

My redneck best. Bumpfiring with the required dangling cig

DSCF1284.jpg

Toys!

DSCF1081.jpg

DSCF1247.jpg

DSCF1004.jpg

Guest Schmootika
It certainly was expensive.

;) You had fun, you know it. Hell I was in my own little zone all day. Don't think I picked up the Saiga but once. The Thompson frakin' rocks! :(

Loki, did y'all ever get that Saiga shooting dead center with that side mount scope?

Nope, keeps shooting low right, no matter what we do. I think the scope is junk, not the mount, gonna try another one soon.

• 5 weeks later...

Going out again this Saturday, April 11th, around noon, should anyone wish to join us.

If you think you wanna come, post here and I'll PM you my cell# so we can hook up.

Dinner at BK after

I was looking foward to going, but I found out that I will have to work that day:down: Sorry for the thread drift, but what are Viola's days open and hours? I still would like to go shoot there sometime with the girlfriend and introduce her to the EBRs.