Ruger SR9

alingo2001

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i've owned two different specimens.... the first one was great, never should have traded it in towards my second one, which sucked.

here is a link to a similar post: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18311&highlight=ruger+sr9

the feel and thiness of them (very 1911ish) is just about the best around right now though imho.

the price seems a little on the high side... i'd see if they'd move a bit.

if you decide to buy one, i'd say dry-fire all the one's you can to find the one w/ the best trigger... the trigger is their only real fault and achilles heel.

Bought 1000 rounds of Wolf 9mm while I was there.

on a side note, please let me know how the ammo works out... i got a 1000rds of wolf from the outpost a few weks ago and it's performed horribly, might be the worst batch of ammo ever.

at least 1-3 duds/squibs per box, AND 4 stuck bullets in the barrel and counting... and i've still got 400rds left... hope you're luckier than me.

here's the thread i started about it: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18375

on a side note, please let me know how the ammo works out... i got a 1000rds of wolf from the outpost a few weks ago and it's performed horribly, might be the worst batch of ammo ever.

at least 1-3 duds/squibs per box, AND 4 stuck bullets in the barrel and counting... and i've still got 400rds left... hope you're luckier than me.

here's the thread i started about it: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18375

what are you shooting it in? I've got an XDm, 24/7, and a glock 19 to try it in.

what are you shooting it in? I've got an XDm, 24/7, and a glock 19 to try it in.

it's not the gun, it's the ammo.

i've been shooting it through a steyr m9-a1 that's never malfunctioned in any way through over 5000rds...

and the gunsmith at my local range who's helped me knock out the 4 stuck bullets has confirmed that it is indeed absolutely NOT the gun.

just to be sure, i loaded up 10 rounds in my glock 19, and got a dud/squib on trigger pull number 3...:screwy:

man, that is horrible. Will Wolf not do anything to help you out? That is potentially very dangerous with all those squibs!

i doubt it.... maybe if i saved all the bum rounds, don't think my word would be enough.

i won't be getting wolf anymore, that's for sure.

I own a SR9. Within firing the first 2 magazines, the upper cam block pin began drifting to the left of the weapon pressing on the takedown pin assembly, basically trying to disassemble the gun while I was firing. The gun was returned to Ruger and received Jan. 3rd of this year. I received the gun from repairs last week, March 4th. The camblock assembly had been replaced. So far approx 100 rounds have been fired with no further problems. Great gun, just got off to a bad start.

Edited by W4CCR
Typo
Guest cdsusong

Hey, if you do dry fire one, make sure the mag is in otherwise it may damage the striker. If you decide to buy one, there are quick fixes to remedy this, as well as tested ways to lighten the trigger pull. Let me know if you get one.