How To Easily Find New Classifieds in the Trading Post on a Mobile Device

• Administrator

IMPORTANT NOTE:  The following screenshots were taken on January 16, 2022 using the Microsoft Edge browser on an iPhone.  As time passes and the look and feel of both TGO and mobile web browsers change, these screenshots may not look exactly the same as what you see on your device, but the basics should remain the same.  Please let me know if something is grossly out of date and I will update it.

HOW TO USE THIS TUTORIAL:  Just follow along by the numbers.  I will add commentary before each photo, as needed.

STEP BY STEP:

1. At the top right corner of a TGO forum page on a mobile device, you will see what IT folks call the "hamburger" icon.  It is three horizontal lines stacked on top of each other and is commonly used to represent a Menu.  Tap it.

tgo_tradingpost_mobile_01.png

2.  Tapping the Menu icon will cause the main mobile menu to unfurl or display.  There are a lot of other functions on the menu, but for the sake of this tutorial you want to click the option for "Classifieds" as shown in this next photo.

tgo_tradingpost_mobile_02.png

3,  Once you tap the Classifeds option, the menu will change again to show you the options within the Classifieds context.  There are several options here, but the arrow is pointing to the option to view New Classified Ads.

tgo_tradingpost_mobile_03.png

Other options on this menu are:

• Classified Forums - This takes you straight to the list of all forums in the Trading Post area.
  • New Classified Ads - This lists the new posts that you haven't read yet.
  • My Classified Ads - This lists the threads that you started in the Trading Post forums.
  • Buyer/Seller Feedback - This takes you to the main list of Buyer and Seller feedback.

4. Once you are at the listing of New Classified Ads, you can do a few more things to filter and sort the way the ads are shown to you.  Near the top of the page, you will see a link for "Show Filters".

tgo_tradingpost_mobile_04.png

5. Once you click the Show Filters link, the menu will unfurl or display and you can modify various things.  I recommend that you do not modify the "Show Me" option.  It is set to show threads that were automatically tagged by the forum software as being Trading Post items.  This is one way that we are able to hone the search to only show threads from the classifieds area.

Once you have made your changes to the filter, click the "Hide Filters" link and the menu will roll-up again.

tgo_tradingpost_mobile_05.png

Conclusion:  Hopefully this helps you navigate the TGO Trading Post a little more easily and get the most out of it from a mobile device.  Please let us know in the comments beliow if you have suggestions for improving this How-To.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.