Made the call

Guest JayMc

Guest JayMc

I submitted all my info and was finger printed on 2/11. I made the call a couple weeks later and 2 of the 3 background checks were already back. I called today and was informed that everything was in place and that she'd get it issued today, resulting in the permit in hand in 7 to 14 days.

Glad the call worked, but it shouldn't require a follow up call to finalize the process.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker
I submitted all my info and was finger printed on 2/11. I made the call a couple weeks later and 2 of the 3 background checks were already back. I called today and was informed that everything was in place and that she'd get it issued today, resulting in the permit in hand in 7 to 14 days.

Glad the call worked, but it shouldn't require a follow up call to finalize the process.

Excellent, made the call yesterday, and should get it 7-14 as well. With the amount of applicants I thought it would take much longer, but apparently not.

Just curious, how did you conclude that the follow up call sealed the deal? Was there a special way you handled it? ;)

Guest Rem_700
Excellent, made the call yesterday, and should get it 7-14 as well. With the amount of applicants I thought it would take much longer, but apparently not.

When did you apply?

Guest Tn.Mitch

I turned my stuff in 2/9,called on 3/10 31 days later,she told me same thing,it had been issued and,will be in mail,7 to 14 days.....alittle closer to being a leagal beagal.

Congratts to us.... :drool: its been a week allready since I called,its about time for me to go into, mailbox buzzard mode...... :screwy:

Edited by Tn.Mitch
Guest JayMc
Just curious, how did you conclude that the follow up call sealed the deal? Was there a special way you handled it? :)

I just asked very politely if she could give me a status update. She saw that everything was ready to go and said she would process it that day. I wonder how long it would have sat waiting for processing had I not called.

I won't know it worked though until the permit show up.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

you guys do realize that they have 90 days to get it completed right? I was the same way when waiting on mine and luckily I got it in about 30 days so I understand the anxiety of getting it back, but making a call after only a few weeks seems a little impatient to me. I am not trying to pick on anyone so please don't take it personally. I could see making a call at the 80 day point if you had not heard anything, but 4 weeks?

Guest archerdr1
you guys do realize that they have 90 days to get it completed right? I was the same way when waiting on mine and luckily I got it in about 30 days so I understand the anxiety of getting it back, but making a call after only a few weeks seems a little impatient to me. I am not trying to pick on anyone so please don't take it personally. I could see making a call at the 80 day point if you had not heard anything, but 4 weeks?

I, too, agree, but I also understand how hard it is to be patient especially knowing that it is probably sitting on some procrastinator's desk. I don't think that a call is a bad idea as long as it is 100% courteous and respectful. Like I said before, I waited 60 days before mine came and it was an agonizing 2 months!

Guest JHatmaker

Heck yeah I'm impatient :hat:. I realized I had 90 days, but I also realized I could probably get it a lot sooner if I called and asked nicely. And I'm not taking it personally, so don't take THIS the wrong way either. They have the number for you to call and check, why not use it?

Obviously this is a long shot, but who knows.....that 60 days saved could be the difference b/t you having your gun on you and needing it, and not having it on you b/c you're still waiting for your permit to arrive and need it...

Guest Tn.Mitch
I turned my stuff in 2/9,called on 3/10 31 days later,she told me same thing,it had been issued and,will be in mail,7 to 14 days.....alittle closer to being a leagal beagal.

Congratts to us.... :P its been a week allready since I called,its about time for me to go into, mailbox buzzard mode...... ;)

I got mine today,March 19 in the mail when I came back from Guns and Leather,took and shot 7 guns,6 1911s,1 9mm,Yeeehaaa,went to Wally world,open carryed my big beauituful S&W 1911,look at my avater left, thats the gun,walked all around the Hendersonville supper store,there were 2 cops in there patroling inside as allways,they even ride bycles in there,and oidnt say a word to me,I think like ive heard most of you say,hardly anyone noticed,besides children....lol boughht 2 boxs of 45acp target ammo,then left,was pretty,cool,just knowing,they couldnt do anything about it.......I just love that 2nd admnment.... :D

I too waited a longer time than most of recent. When I first got mine it was 75 days but that was also when they had rolled ink fingerprints and it took a long time for them to get verified by both TBI and FBI.

Now with the electronic prints it takes a matter of minutes to run them through a computer once they get to them. When I worked in the Jail, electronic fingerprints would return in minutes rather than 7-14 days with rolled ink prints. And the darn ink scanner didn't work right most of the time or got rejected by the FBI, so we usually were waiting the full 14 days on a simple FBI check.

The electronic fingerprints really only speed up the TBI and FBI BG checks not the "processing" part or the Sheriff's check..

Glad it's moving faster for everyone..

Guest JayMc

I made the walk through Wally World tonight. I'm going to need a smaller gun if I'm going to carry often. The XD9 on the paddle holster was a bit bulky even under a jacket.

No ammo or nachos to be bought though :tinfoil:

I made the walk through Wally World tonight. I'm going to need a smaller gun if I'm going to carry often. The XD9 on the paddle holster was a bit bulky even under a jacket....

If you'll carry that XD in a good IWB, it'll mostly go away.

The butt on the service model is only real problem ... consider XD subbie 9.

They now have 13 round mags, only giving up 3 shots and much better concealment.

- OS

Guest I_AM_WOOD

wish I would have called when I got mine. I did my prints 2 weeks before the wife and she got hers in 30 days, mine took 70. now I sit waiting on a renewal, maybe I'll call Monday.