carrying while canoeing

Guest TNK

Guest JHatmaker
Sounds like something I'd be interested in too if theres ever a get together.

I like your avatar JHatmaker. "I got about 200 lbs of sh*t your pants about to go off..."

He's great, I got HBO just for East Bound and Down.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MidTNShooter
Anybody in Middle TN, the Elk River here is great for canoeing. I backpack with some friends of the owner of the outfitter and it is always a good time. One of the other outfitters in Lincoln County (changed ownership) used to offer canoe rental and HCP Class. If anyone is up for an Elk River Trip this year, I will do the grilling.

Yes Sir !!!

Count Me In !

MTS PM me. We can organize

Guest archerdr1
PINK Fanny Packs?? Those are only used on the rivers near San Francisco :D

no, theirs have little rainbow squares and equal signs! Nasty people!:popcorn:

Edited by archerdr1
I've got the "Paddle faster I hear banjo music" decal on my yak, also "Fish naked, you might hook the big one":D

I can't really answer your question, but as far as carrying, I carry everytime I'm on the water. You never know who might be at the boat ramp when you get back. Some of the place I put in are not the best in the world, so I'll take my chances on getting caught instead of robbed or killed.

funny shirts there. I used to have one, when rafted and canoed a lot, that said, "Raft naked, it'll add color to your cheeks."

On side note, all this talk has got me missing my canoing days in Arkansas. now I need to get a normal job with weekends and vacation time so I can go!

Guest db99wj

Man, wish I had the time, my kids are getting older, so maybe soon. Canoed in Arkansas many times, with Scouts, went to the Boundary Water Canoe area in Ely, MN for a two week canoe and camp. Seems like the few rivers around Memphis, might make you glow in the dark!!

Guest JHatmaker
I love conoeing, but with a 2 year old, it can get a little crazy if its not a short trip. That said, I might be able to convince the wife to let me come out for a weekend trip.

Oh, don't worry. I'm in a similar boat (hey-oh!!) with my 3 year son. So I'm assuming we'll do a weekend trip as well.

I need to start looking at water proof holsters...them Tennessee rapids can get scary! ;)