Sheared pin on collapsible stock?

During a shoot awhile back my collapsible stock pin that slides the stock into position and locks it broke off. Is there an easy fix for this or do I need a new stock?

Don't think this matters, but it was on an FN Tactical Police 12gauge.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go search (this next part might hurt a little) arfcom. I've seen guides on how-to tear down MagPul CTRs there, so surely you could find something like that there.

Errrr... maybe you should throw a CTR or MOE on that thing!

I drink the MagPul Kool-Aid :down:

I'd go search (this next part might hurt a little) arfcom. I've seen guides on how-to tear down MagPul CTRs there, so surely you could find something like that there.

Errrr... maybe you should throw a CTR or MOE on that thing!

I drink the MagPul Kool-Aid :D

Poak...I like ya man and I know a lot of acronyms, but do I need to go 5 clicks past the PX to get a CTR or a MOE or can I get one from L.A.P.G after 2100 hours? :)

Long way of saying what is a CTR and MOE?

Poak...I like ya man and I know a lot of acronyms, but do I need to go 5 clicks past the PX to get a CTR or a MOE or can I get one from L.A.P.G after 2100 hours? :)

Long way of saying what is a CTR and MOE?

:D

Those are MagPul's collapsible stocks.

CTR:

MAG-310-BLK.jpg

MOE:

moestock.jpg

The MOE is like a budget CTR. It veto's the friction lock and detachable sling points.

Guest The Cat

+3 on the CTR.

2 reasons - the side sling mount and the friction lock. The friction lock is one of those deals that seems gimmicky at first but it ends up being a really cool item to have.

Go ahead and spring for the buttplate too. That's another addition you won't regret.

+3 on the CTR.

Go ahead and spring for the buttplate too. That's another addition you won't regret.

Yeah. I love my CTR!

FWIW, MagPul is actually shipping both the MOE and CTR w/ the rubber butt pad these days.

Guest The Cat
Yeah. I love my CTR!

FWIW, MagPul is actually shipping both the MOE and CTR w/ the rubber butt pad these days.

Good move on their part :up:

Guest Halfpint
Roger that! Punny like!
Just be careful which buffer tube you have, the CTR and MOE stocks both come in mil-spec and commercial tube diameter.

An aside, I picked up a CTR and an MOE a few months back, before word got out that they were shipping with the rubber butt plate . . . so I have one extra buttplate just laying around in case anybody wants it. ::up:

And to answer the original question, pull the stock off and throw a MOE on it, as others have suggested! :(

Just be careful which buffer tube you have, the CTR and MOE stocks both come in mil-spec and commercial tube diameter.

An aside, I picked up a CTR and an MOE a few months back, before word got out that they were shipping with the rubber butt plate . . . so I have one extra buttplate just laying around in case anybody wants it. ::up:

And to answer the original question, pull the stock off and throw a MOE on it, as others have suggested! :(

Thanks guys!