Sent These Emails to My Legislators--Use/Adapt Them as You Wish

These emails were based upon the TFALAC Legislative Alert for 23 March 2009. I know they are a "laundry list," but legislators who have spoken at the Nashville TFA Chapter Meetings have suggested this to-the-point approach. Be certain to mention constituent both in Subject Line and at beginning of email, but do not use this subject line--that makes it look too much like a "form letter," which legislators do disregard:

To my Senator (a strong supporter of gun rights):

“Constituent Request for Support for and Opposition to Legislation”

<o>

Senator XXXXX, I am one of your constituents. I thank you for the strong support you have demonstrated for Tennesseans’ Second Amendment rights.

<o>

I respectfully ask you to give full support to the following measures currently before the Tennessee Senate: SB 0019, SB 0032, SB 0040, SB 0190, SB 0211, SB 0262, SB 0265, SB 0554, SB 0576, SB 0578, SB 0724, SB 0850, SB 0976, SB 1113, SB 1126, SB 1128, SB 1129, SB 1261, SB 1399, SB 1607, SB 1615, SB 1619, SB 1622, SB 1625, SB 1648, SB 1724, SB 1908, SB 1992, and SB 2096.

<o>

I respectfully ask you strenuously to oppose the following measures: SB 0180, SB 0201, SB 0263, SB 0314, SB 0565, SB 0575, SB 1248, SB 1274, SB 1275, and SB 1557.

<o>

I respectfully ask you to support the following measures IF the noted changes are made: SB 1127—remove all House restrictions except for “no consumption”; SB 1273—remove the provision that permits an off-duty judge to carry a firearm; SB 1518—remove House Judiciary Committee Amendment 1, no local option except for small area around ball fields upon local government two-thirds vote (necessary because the local government action is restricting a Constitutional Right), no fiscal note needed—simply make possession of a valid Handgun Carry Permit an affirmative defense to prosecution; SB 2036—notice should be given sufficiently in advance of plea for individual to obtain a continuance and advice of counsel; and SB 2334—amend torequire public or wholesale (to FFL holder) sales if not retained for law enforcement uses.

<o></o>

I respectfully ask you strenuously to oppose the following measures UNLESS the noted changes are made: SB 0084—remove provision for percentage standards, SB 0309—remove amendments, and SB 0575—remove percentage standards.

<o>

In addition, I ask you to give full support to the following measures or their companion legislation should they come to the Senate: HJR 0032, HJR 0108, and HJR 0149.

<o>

Thank you for your attention to these matters.

<o>

Name

Address<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on"></st1:address>

<st1><st1:city w:st="on">City, State Zip Code</st1:city><st1></st1>

</st1></st1:street></o></o></o></o></o></o></o>

To my Representative (NOT a strong supporter):

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5COwner%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="PostalCode"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="Street"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="address"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="State"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> “Constituent Request for Support for and Opposition to Legislation”

<o></o>

Representative XXXXX, I am one of your constituents.

<o></o>

I respectfully ask you to give full support to the following measures currently before the Tennessee House of Representatives: HJR 0032, HJR 0108, HJR 0149, HB 0046, HB 0112, HB 0254, HB 0266, HB 0363, HB 0390, HB 0489, HB 0517, HB 0716, HB 0724, HB 0725, HB 0798, HB 0959, HB 0966, HB 0972, HB 1277, HB 1292, HB 1395, HB 1552, HB 1625, HB 1778, HB 1793, HB 1801, HB 1805, HB 1806, HB 1807, HB 1924, and HB 2115.

<o></o>

I respectfully ask you strenuously to oppose the following measures: HB 0004, HB 0082, HB 0414, HB 0490, HB 0587, HB 0823, HB 0855, HB 0856, HB 1117, and HB 1225.

<o></o>

I respectfully ask you to support the following measures IF the noted changes are made: HB 0770—add muzzleloading season; HB 0898—remove the provision that permits an off-duty judge to carry a firearm; HB 0960—remove House Judiciary Committee Amendment 1, no local option except for small area around ball fields upon local government two-thirds vote (necessary because the local government action is restricting a Constitutional Right), no fiscal note needed—simply make possession of a valid Handgun Carry Permit an affirmative defense to prosecution; HB 1923—notice should be given sufficiently in advance of plea for individual to obtain a continuance and advice of counsel; and HB 2376—amend to require public or wholesale (to FFL holder) sales if not retained for law enforcement uses.<o></o>

<o></o>

I respectfully ask you strenuously to oppose the following measures UNLESS the noted changes are made: HB 0233—remove percentage standards, HB 0503—remove provision for percentage standards, HB 0962—remove all restrictions except for “no consumption,” and HB 1736—remove amendments.

<o></o>

Thank you for your attention to these matters.

<o></o>

Name

Address<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on"></st1:address></st1:street>

<st1><st1:city w:st="on">City, State Zip Code</st1:city></st1>

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic