Eagle Scout Ceremony!

Guest pjblurton

Guest pjblurton

(This is not really a firearms related event or gathering but it seemed the most logical place, so mods move if you see fit.)

My son is having his award ceremony for achieving the rank of Eagle Scout this Saturday! Needless to say I am darn proud of him.

(I am an Eagle Scout, too)

Anyone in the Memphis area interested in attending PM me for details. You are all welcome to attend.

I am impressed by the amount of mail and congratulatory certificates that he has received. One of the coolest things he will receive at his ceremony will be a 5 1/2' x 9' United States Flag that was flown over Arlington National Cemetery in his honor. It is serialized and has his initials on it. Cool!

It was good to see that many of our elected officials still hold Eagle Scouts in high enough regard to send official certificates with offical seals and hand signatures. He's got some pretty good ones from Marsha Blackburn, Paul Stanley, Jim Coley, Lamar Alexander to name a few. He even got a Tennessee State Flag hand delivered to the house by Paul Stanley! Two official looking dudes showed up last week and hand delivered a certificate from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen. WOW.

Any how, I just wanted to toot my own horn and brag about my boy. If any of you are free Saturday afternoon, stop by and shake his hand.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pjblurton
What was his community service project?

He did a Safety Repair / Refurbishment of a Playground Jungle Gym for Tennessee Baptist Childrens Home.

They had an old wooden Jungle Gym that was in a state of disrepair and the children there were not allowed to play on it.

He went in and fixed all of the safety issues and cleaned it up really good. Then put a fresh coat of paint on the whole thing. Made some less fortunate kids really happy.

Guest JHatmaker
He even got a Tennessee State Flag hand delivered to the house by Paul Stanley!

I can't believe the lead singer of KISS showed up with a flag at your house, that's awesome! :popcorn:

j/k - I'm glad to see the yuts are still into scouts, I hope my 3 year old wants to get into it one day.

He did a Safety Repair / Refurbishment of a Playground Jungle Gym for Tennessee Baptist Childrens Home.

They had an old wooden Jungle Gym that was in a state of disrepair and the children there were not allowed to play on it.

He went in and fixed all of the safety issues and cleaned it up really good. Then put a fresh coat of paint on the whole thing. Made some less fortunate kids really happy.

That is Awesome!

That will be something that he will always remember.

Guest pjblurton
I hope my 3 year old wants to get into it one day.

There is not a better program out there for young boys today. I mean, where else can boys get faith centered, morality based training to start them on the right foot in life.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WestTN_reb

Congratulations. You're son has joined the ranks of a select few. I was once told that out of every 1000 boys who begin Cub Scouts (age 6-7), only one of them will achieve the rank of Eagle. That is an accomplishment to be proud of.

John Spain

Eagle Scout, 1999

Guest lobes65

Congrats from another Eagle Scout. A big accomplishment for your son. I'm sure, as in my case, a lot of it had to do with great parents.