Not a big deal But...

A letter to Eastman Credit Union. Not a big deal but I was tired and wanted to get home.

I went into the branch at the Food City shopping center at the intersection of 36 and Browns Mill Rd this morning to deposit a check. All went smooth as usual until I asked to have the balance printed on my slip.

I keep my Drivers license underneath my Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit. So If I were to get pulled over I would be able to immediately show it to the officer. The teller very nicely apologized and said she knows she sees me in there all the time and have accepted my HCP as ID in the past, but ECU will no longer accept them as ID.

I called the Tennessee Dept of Safety which issues the permits as well as drivers licenses and was informed that my HCP IS A VALID STATE ISSUED PHOTO ID acceptable for use in any transaction in the state or out for that matter. It in fact bears the same number as my License.

It may not seem like a big deal but after working all night I wanted to get out of there and get home, Not try to peel cards that had been stuck in my wallet for months out.

I would ask you to reverse this policy as even the teller agreed with me that it was stupid and cant find one good reason for its implementation.

I am not holding my breath as you have never answered an E-mail I have sent but if you can find time to serve a customer, please E-mail as I work 3rd shift.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ghostrider

On a similar note... Southwest Airlines has gone "cashless in the cabin" - which means drinks have to go on a credit or debit card.

How can cash money NOT be acceptable on it. I asked one of the stews to look at the part of the bill where it says "for all debts, public and private" and she was like O_o

What a pathetic bunch we have in "business" today...

Banks piss me off. SOB's So many times I go to deposit something and I get some stupid question like where did ya get that check? Ya know.. Who cares where I got it. It's got my name on it, Its properly endorsed, just deposit the damn thing already. If it's bad we'll know it within a day or two.

SOB's held a 25k cashiers check from another local bank several years ago for over a week. They didn't tell me. I had **** bouncing all over everywhere. Like to have never got all that cleared up.

Is there a word for going postal on banks? Bonkers maybe?

Kind of surprised at the reply I received.

Hello Mr ,

Thank you for visiting our Boones Creek branch and for your e-mail

concerning our recent change.

As a resident of Tennessee that has my Handgun Carry Permit, I

personally know that it was far harder to obtain my HCP than it was to

obtain my driver's license - I also know that because of the

requirements for the permit, I am registered and my fingerprints are on

file with

the State of Tennessee and other Government agencies.

Discussions are still taking place concerning the decision for Eastman

Credit Union to not accept the HCP as an identifying tool... I want to

acknowledge your concern, and share that concern during a meeting

scheduled next week. I will send you related information as soon as

possible.

Thank you for your continued understanding- you are welcome to contact

me via e-mail or at 423/283-3241 if you have further questions

pertaining to this or other matters you night have. It is a pleasure

serving you and hope to see you again soon,

Susan B Dooley