Comp-Tac MTAC and Mag Pouch Review

Guest utarch00

Guest utarch00

Well let me start off by saying I have found my new favorite holster. I do not have a lot of experience with holsters or carrying. I do not have my permit yet, but I have been wearing my M&P9 around the house. I have been using a CTAC and it is a great holster and the flexability is top notch, but the top of the holster always dug into my side and I could not see wearing it all day. I decided to try the MTAC.

I got the MTAC in the mail today and was not able to try it until I come home. When I got home I put on the holster and immediately I could tell it was much more comfortable then the CTAC. The leather backing forms to my side rather than digging into it. The pistol slides in easy, but stays put. I turned the holster upside down and the pistol stayed in there. There is a tension screw that can be tightened, but I did not think it needed it. The one thing that I did like about the CTAC is that the pistol would make a click sound that you could hear and see. I could always tell when the pistol was seated, with the MTAC, I am finding myself pushing and pushing the pistol in until my pants start to fall off. I figure I will get over this eventually, because I know the gun is secure. After I got the holster in the position on the belt and the body that I wanted, I tried several shirts on to test the printing. I wear a lot of t-shirts, so my ultimate goal was to be able to hide my fullsize under t-shirts. This holster hides under most of my t-shirts very well.

I also bought a Comp-Tac single magazine holder with Tec-Loc. It is a very nice sturdy holster. I went with this one over the regular holder because I was looking for a horizontal holster that I could wear on the small of my back. This holder is to think in profile for that, but it did wear well at 9:00, but printed a little bit. I my return it for a regular holder that is lower profile for 9:00 and try a different horizontal holder from someone else.

Overall I am very satisfied with both products and will update this thread as time goes on.

Here are some pictures:

DSCN2092.jpg

DSCN2079.jpg

DSCN2085.jpg

DSCN2081.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest steve24

I received a new Comp-tac CTAC holster in the mail yesterday. After trying it out for a while, I decided that I would rather have an MTAC. So, I emailed them and told them I wanted to exchange my CTAC, and I got a very fast response telling me just to ship it back with a note telling them what I wanted and that it wouldn't be a problem.

Maybe by next week, I'll have my new MTAC!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the CTAC, MTAC & Crossbreed for different guns. I just sent back my CTAC today - totally uncomfortable - you need to wear an under shirt because of the kydex against the skin. The MTAC is better, but the Crossbreed is by far the most comfortable and conceals just as well as the MTAC - and is more flexible. The MTAC has pluses too - like the interchangable shells for different guns.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Verbal Kint
I ordered my MTAC on Thursday for my XD and they shipped it Friday and I am dying for it to get here so I can try it out.

You'll love it. I ordered one last week, and had it here at the house in 5 business days, with emails sent to me every step of production through shipping. The guys at Comp-Tac rock!

I actually just ordered another holster from them, their normal belt holster for range/competition & open carry duty, yesterday morning. :rolleyes:

Hmm, well I have had the CTAC since March and since I have gained a little weight, I notice the top sticks into my......errr....ummmmm handle and is not as comfortable, moreso when it is just the holster, the XD will "push" it in and it more comfortable. Might have to try the MTAC.

Comp Tec will exchange?

Guest Verbal Kint

Comp Tec will exchange?

Not too sure about that. I've heard nothing but good things, regarding Comp-Tac's customer support... even cases of them providing replacement parts or different clips for their holsters free of charge to a customer. But I doubt they'd exchange one holster for a different holster, simply because the buyer wanted a different one than they originally ordered.

Your best bet, if your current holster isn't working out, is to sell it... then pick up whichever new one you wanted. Or lose a few pounds, which would provide several benefits. But the first option is easier. :rolleyes:

Not too sure about that. I've heard nothing but good things, regarding Comp-Tac's customer support... even cases of them providing replacement parts or different clips for their holsters free of charge to a customer. But I doubt they'd exchange one holster for a different holster, simply because the buyer wanted a different one than they originally ordered.

Your best bet, if your current holster isn't working out, is to sell it... then pick up whichever new one you wanted. Or lose a few pounds, which would provide several benefits. But the first option is easier. :)

HEY NOW! ;)......:P Too much ---->:rock:&:rolleyes:. Put it down and step away from the table. Most of the good halloween candy is gone and the wife is not pregnant (I know, just an excuse) anymore. Got to slim down a little.

It's still working, it is just a little tight in the handle area, I only notice when the the gun is out or after a big meal.