Democrats, Obama, and the 2nd amendment...

Guest CK1

BryanG and 56Fordguy should co-captain the debate team! If you two have the energy, go on over to the Commercial Appeal website - there are several people there who need your tutelage especially as it pertains to the 2A

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it too simple to think that 9-11 is what has caused all the trouble with the economy?

Bottom line, the terrorists attacked us. Come hell or high water this nation was bent on revenge. Did not matter really who revenge was taken out on, but we ALL wanted some revenge. King George II chose the best most likely target in Saddam.

Everyone, and I mean EVEYONE cheered as out military went over there, kicked ass and took names.

In the meanwhile the price of oil went ballistic. Gasoline to record highs. Which in turn led to a recession that has ballooned and become a big recession.

Blame Bush, blame Obama, blame Freddy and Fannie, blame Keith Olberman.

I am blaming the terrorists.

in case you haven't noticed, now, in 2009, most democrat's and the obama administration's stance on the 2nd amendment and gun control is closer to pro-gun than anti-gun (maybe even in-line with your own views)... again, if you haven't noticed, currently there are bigger fish to fry.

The Obama administration is no where close to pro-gun. They are very much anti-gun, just look at his and everyone he has appointed track record. If they aren't anti-gun then why are they pushing the Inter-American Convention Against Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives, and Other Related Materials treaty?

And yes there may be bigger fish to fry, but this is a gun forum, so most of the threads here are going to be gun related.

(maybe instead of being hung up on hating obama and worrying about gun control you could throw a tea party on your way home from buying up all the ammo at wallymart to satisfy your paranoia now that obama has lowered taxes on most americans... oh... wait... nevermind)

If we let up on them they will sneak in anti-gun bills so we have to stay on them about everything. The day we back off on gun issues we loose the right. When we loose the right to firearms we loose our freedom and crime rates will skyrocket. When other countries have imposed more strict gun control their crime rates rise dramaticly. The lowered income tax is a joke. See my other post in this thread.

the rights of all americans extended to us through the bill of rights have nothing to do whatsoever with one's political views or party affiliation.

This is true, but then Obama wants to appoint a racsist judge to the Supreme Court that thinks the Bill of Rights only applies to Washington DC

I guess by now everyone has seen the deservedly closed thread about the pm war, and I in no way want to rehash all that. It is however, inexcusable to come into a pro-gun, pro-second amendment forum and post things that will certainly cause harsh feelings. I personally never go to leftist leaning forums and post provocative things. I also don't believe it should be tolerated here. Debate is good, posting things in a snide, belittling tone is not.

Guest Hyaloid

I think this thread has run it's natural course.

Come on everyone, let's stick to the issues. We really aren't doing ourselves any favors with a lot of the posts in this thread.

IRT Robin48:

I guess by now everyone has seen the deservedly closed thread about the pm war, and I in no way want to rehash all that. It is however, inexcusable to come into a pro-gun, pro-second amendment forum and post things that will certainly cause harsh feelings. I personally never go to leftist leaning forums and post provocative things. I also don't believe it should be tolerated here. Debate is good, posting things in a snide, belittling tone is not.

It is absolutely NOT "inexcusable" (that makes it excusable then I suppose) to post opinions that may run counter to the vast majority of opinions on this board. We're not in the political issue forum to slap each other on the back and tell each other how smart we are because we agree on all of the issues at hand.

Posting provocative opinions will absolutely BE TOLERATED here. So long as it is done in a well thought out and respectful manner, and they adhere to the TGO Code of Conduct. I will say the same for the replies to the dissenting opinions.

Now, to speak to the forum in general:

One does have to consider their audience before posting. I completely expected CK1 to be thoroughly trounced in a public debate by most of our esteemed members, and I think for the most part that occurred.

Secondly, if you are going to have the guts to post opinions like this on a predominately conservative board, then have the thick skin to take a firestorm of contrary opinion... and have the ability to 'turn the other cheek' to idiots that attack you personally, and report infractions to moderators who will deal with the idiots harshly. Don't respond in kind, or you will face penalties as well.

Let's welcome debate. Let's foster good will. Let's disagree with respect. If you cannot do these things, then don't post.

Have a great day everyone!