Jackson City Council Vote on Parks HCP ban

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehe

Now as long as none of those signs get put up yahoo. When does that law go into affect?

I'd like to see how everyone voted. I know where one of the 2 votes came from

I was at North Park last night and it's a pretty crowded place but when it gets dark and those that walk the trail, you'd think they'd want some protection..

Guest Seminole

What fools--don't they realize that homicidal HCP holders will engage in random, thoughtless mayhem, causing the blood blood of mothers, small children to run in Jackson's parks? :(

hehehe

Now as long as none of those signs get put up yahoo. When does that law go into affect?

I'd like to see how everyone voted. I know where one of the 2 votes came from

I was at North Park last night and it's a pretty crowded place but when it gets dark and those that walk the trail, you'd think they'd want some protection..

Local park carry legal Sept 1

Fallguy looks like I may have to eat some crow from my earlier post. I was for sure the for the children was gonna do it.

Never had crow before so best make it well done with a side of fries and a sprite.

Fallguy looks like I may have to eat some crow from my earlier post. I was for sure the for the children was gonna do it.

Never had crow before so best make it well done with a side of fries and a sprite.

LOL....this could be one time crow is not so bad I guess.

One of the speakers in opposition broached the fact that Brooks' statements about Parks proximity to schools, and the "children" was a "straw man" agenda, as legal carry on school grounds had been around for several years, asking Brooks to provide any data showing where that had been a problem.

Of course there is none. That is the crux of the matter, there is no data showing HCP Holders are a danger to anyone, except the occasional criminal.

The one speaker in favor of the Resolution offered the same tired, evidently pre-prepared letter driveling on about how HCP Holders can get soused before they show up at a restaurant, (the Restaurant Resolution was pulled prior to the meeting), and the standard "More Guns, More Crime" blather that is so rampant with the Liberal cool aid drinkers. Ellis did a good job of beating back the "children" issue, stating that there was no stronger reason for defense than that of family and children!

Had to get back here after just being on the Jackson Sun...lol

Tired of reading and arguing with some of the idiots commenting on this article.

Sportsplex backs gun ban in parks | jacksonsun.com |

Can't stay on there long, I am on three high blood pressure meds already!:screwy:

Have learned to get in, make a point, and get out. If you hang in too long the dumbs will get to you:screwy:!