S&B? Can't Prime?

Guest Hi Point

Guest Hi Point

Anyone know anything about this? I keep running across these S&B 9mm's that I cant prime with small pistol primers, well I can prime them it just takes WAY to much force. Is it just that they have unusually small primer pockets or are they berdan primed or something?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just loaded about 1k 9mm and had the same issue with s&b casings. tolerances are very tight. had to work the primer a little but they did go in. just don't force it. if you feel any resistance stop and shift the case a little until you feel it go in easy. other option is just toss the brass. if you want to see if what you have is brass coated then stick a magnet to it.

You'll recognize Berdan cases when you come across them. You'll break your decapping pin. Berdan cases have a post where the hole is in Boxer-primed cases and two flash holes on either side of the post.

Guest Hi Point

Well it is good to know that it is just a tight primer pocket but I think I will be tossing these out. I can get primers in them, but I had 2 of them not fire yesterday, all I can guess is the primer got ruined while i was forcing it into the brass. Besides, I dont think I can continue forcing the primers in them without wearing out my hand priming tool much faster or breaking it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.