Sometimes I just don't understand...

Guest Son of Aslan

Guest Son of Aslan

I don't understand how any private insurer can support a public option for health insurance. But Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Tennessee has it posted right on their website why they support it. Are they underwriting the government policies? What is in it for them? Will a government option hurt the bottom line for private insurers? Like I heard Judge Napolitano say, who will have private insurance when they are already paying a tax for health insurance?

This seems surreal. ;)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They are only interested if it mandates that every individual has insurance. It spreads the client base on a mandatory basis. They're exchanging that for their ability to pick and choose.

They know that sucking at the government teat will be an endless source of gold. AND, they know they can do things more effectively than a public-funded option that competes with them.

They are only interested if it mandates that every individual has insurance. It spreads the client base on a mandatory basis. They're exchanging that for their ability to pick and choose.

They know that sucking at the government teat will be an endless source of gold. AND, they know they can do things more effectively than a public-funded option that competes with them.

Exactly. ;)

I don't understand how any private insurer can support a public option for health insurance. But Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Tennessee has it posted right on their website why they support it. Are they underwriting the government policies? What is in it for them? Will a government option hurt the bottom line for private insurers? Like I heard Judge Napolitano say, who will have private insurance when they are already paying a tax for health insurance?

This seems surreal. :D

Yes, it does sound like at the start private companies will be underwriting the policies. But they will get thrown out of the picture sooner than they think most likely. It's like sucking up to a bad guy before you get killed. Just stupid. Plus, for us, it will mean TWO people telling us we can't have healthcare. The insurance company and the government. At least with just the insurance company in control you can sue them and have the government force them to do the right thing. Now, if the government controls things, who is going to make the gov do the right thing? Last time I checked most lawsuits against the gov were not successful...

Although, I just want to say that I have not seen the insurance companies to be so evil like people make them out to be. Most people have clauses in their contracts that legally allow the companies to drop them, refuse to pay for certain things, etc. Then, when they get dropped they act like they were never told any of this stuff--even though it was right there in their contract. It's kinda like buying cheap crap made in China. You wonder why it broke so quickly, forgetting that you were not willing to pay for quality stuff that lasts.

BTW, here's a site that shows some of the "misinformation" that Comrad Obama says is untrue in HR3200. Kansas City Branch of the Americans For Fair Taxation

Matthew

Guest 3pugguy

I'm with you and think you nailed it. Look at the competition for the Tricare business - companies line up to bid when the time comes, as they get a HUGE client base and are sure the payer (Uncle Sam) will pay their premiums.

For any Tricare members on here, I am pretty sure Aetna just won the contract from Healthnet for at least part of HN's business.

Guest Ghostrider

The other bit is that the government will need people in the mega-bureaucracy that this bill will spawn if it becomes law. All of those execs at the drug and insurance companies are feathering their nests. They are more than willing to sacrifice there companies in the next few years to get the megabucks, power and position after the fall.

The drug companies support it cause they will win "all" the cases against them and be completely immune when they market **** as a wonder drug.