Wilson County Fair

Guest robert83

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FlyntG

I was just looking for that info too...anyone?

I know you can't carry enough ordinance to the state fair. I'm not sure if they let you carry or not, it'd be hard to tote ENOUGH.

Wilson Co fair is great. Reminds me of going to the fair in rural GA when I was a kid, x20.

Edited by FlyntG

Although fairgrounds aren't specifically mentioned in 39-17-1311 I think at least some LEOs and Judges would say they could be considered recreational property.

If that is the case carry will still be illegal until Sept 1, after that it would depend if Wilson Co., or whatever city the fairgrounds may be within, has "opted out"

Although fairgrounds aren't specifically mentioned in 39-17-1311 I think at least some LEOs and Judges would say they could be considered recreational property.

If that is the case carry will still be illegal until Sept 1, after that it would depend if Wilson Co., or whatever city the fairgrounds may be within, has "opted out"

Unless the city owns and/or operates (in whole or in part) the fair grounds then the city would have no say. In most cases it will depend on what the county government said and the city will have no say what so ever.

Unless the city owns and/or operates (in whole or in part) the fair grounds then the city would have no say. In most cases it will depend on what the county government said and the city will have no say what so ever.

That is why I said or and may be because I am not famillar with the Wilson Co Fair location.

I personally know of at least one "county" fair that is entirely on city property.

That is why I said or and may be because I am not famillar with the Wilson Co Fair location.

I personally know of at least one "county" fair that is entirely on city property.

Sorry in Wilson County's case I know it's on county owned property.

I've heard rumors that they have signs up forbidding firearms but that's unconfirmed. I'm going to the fair tonight and I'll be carrying but if it's posted I guess I'll go back to the car and leave the Sig locked in the vehicle. Really hate to go unarmed though. It feels really wierd not having that pistol digging into my right kidney.

The Gate I entered was over by Fiddlers Grove and the sign was attached to the White Fence to the left of the ticket shack there. It had several rules on it and one of them stated No Firearms beyond this point except LEO. I didn't see it either at first and even went into the fair carrying for about 30 minutes. For some reason my little voice told me to double check the gate again for signage. I'm glad I did because that's when I saw the sign and returned the weapon to the car.

The Gate I entered was over by Fiddlers Grove and the sign was attached to the White Fence to the left of the ticket shack there. It had several rules on it and one of them stated No Firearms beyond this point except LEO. I didn't see it either at first and even went into the fair carrying for about 30 minutes. For some reason my little voice told me to double check the gate again for signage. I'm glad I did because that's when I saw the sign and returned the weapon to the car.

Is the place where the Fair is held a city/county park? Because that's not a legal sign otherwise. I saw the same sign last night at the main Knoxville library, but it was inside and not a legal sign.

Matthew